TTID owners

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

View Poll Results: How do you rate the TTID

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

7 7.87%

37 41.57%

45 50.56%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTID owners

Smile TTID owners

Hi all,

As there seems to be more and more owners of the TTID on the site, apart from the few I know who own one. I was wondering actually how many owners there were, and compiling a list stating MY of car, whether its the TTID or TTID4 (bhp) along with transmission and if any modifications have been done along with the mileage

mine:

2008 TTID 180 saloon.. manual..107000 miles...........EGR setup modified which is under test other than that standard setup
    Last edited by kez; 07-16-2013 at 06:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

SaabScene.com Premium Member

Re: TTID owners

You know me, but for the record.

2009 TTID 200 saloon (hirsch), manual 84000miles, Problems to date:-

1) EGR clogged
    2) Alternator failed at 54000
    3) Waterpump weaping when timing belt done at 60000
    3) A/C condenser shot when I bought it at 34000

Small beer IMO - it's awesome.

Dont see many on the road either tbh.
    MY09 TTID custom remap 238bhp & EGR delete - Sold
    MY10 Nissan 370z GT

My 2 cents =

MY08 Aero TTID saloon (hirsch), manual, 59k miles.
    WP_000646.jpg
    1) EGR clogged (every 5k miles)
    2) Alternator failed at 55000 (recifier repair holding up well)
    3) Fronk brake disk warped @ 50k
    4) Trunk/Boot lock failed due to frayed cable @ hinges
    5) DPF ongoing woes including oil dilution, software update helped some..
    6) Electical niggles - SID lost service interval, D.T.E etc a few times, battery disconnect fix.
    7) Large turbo actuator stuck - wd40 fix.
    Last edited by kevgib; 07-17-2013 at 10:06 AM.

2009 09 TTiD Aero 180bhp, manual, Arctic silver, 93,500 miles.

Brought car with 72000 miles last May

1. Changed EGR at 77,000 due to fault light. Also changed cambelt etc and waterpump, it was also weeping.
    2. Upgraded front droplinks to the Marle ones at 85,000.
    3. Upgraded front anti roll bar bushes to the powerflex ones at 88,000 and also changed the strutt top bearings.
    4. Recently put the egr restrictor plate on. Have had a few P0400 codes appear since, but it only happens if I do short journey work.
    5. Also had the software upgrade for the DPF issues.

I find if I notice my car is revving and the consumption is dropping due to the DPF regenerating.
    I give it some stick and make sure I keep the revs up between 3-4,000 for a few miles, and since then the car has ran alot sweeter.
    Also noticed the rough idle and smoke from cold has gone aswell.

I do all my own servicing and maintenance aswell. If I don't know how to do it I check on here and usually find what I am looking for. Great web site.

Love the car. Great value for money.

Saabisti

2009 ttid aero estate, arctic silver, manual, 73k.

Owned since last sept.

Alternator replaced at 50k

I changed timing belt and water pump at 70k.

Indicator fault being remedied this week hopefully (cim problem).

New tyres, disks n pads all round earlier this year.

Love driving it, need to get it remapped soon. Can only give it 4 stars after recently driving a 330d m sport.. Wow!

Great thread! Best this year!
    MY10 Nissan 370z GT

Just seen this now

2008 Aero TTiD saloon, manual, 118k miles.

First day of ownership, the large turbo actuator failed, car went into limp mode when going over 80mph. Actuator was fitted, problem cured.

Couple of months later, the EGR failed, car felt very sluggish, new EGR fitted and all was well.

Few months later the Alternator failed, NO previous warnings that it was going to fail, car lost all power, SSID stated 10 safety failures as a result, ABS, EBD, Stability control etc. Centre console lights faded and flickered, sat nav screen flickered and went fuzzy, dials flickered and all safety lights came up on the dials. Steering went hard and i had very poor brakes. Lucky i was only a few miles from home, got the car pulled over to the hard shoulder and switched it off, car would not start again after this and had to be trailered to a SAAB repair specalist. New alternator was fitted and all fault codes cleared by Tech 2.

Next up was the ICM (Ignition Control Module), car was not recognising the key and failing to start, once the new ICM was fitted the car was fine once again.

Its been about 7 months now since these problems and the car has not let me down since, the car starts first turn of the key every time.

This may seem a lot of faults and failures but believe me, my previous car (A new BMW) was an absolute lemon and cost me thousands in repairs. The SAAB has been a much more reliable car, which i love driving because it is very comfortable, great sound system, looks great, plenty of poke when i need it and it feels like a big tank so i feel safe in it
    Last edited by Brennan; 07-16-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Former SAAB Driver

put up a picture of you car like i have done above, so we can see what your car looks like
    Former SAAB Driver

2010 (59) ttid Turbo Edition Sport Wagon
    65000 miles
    Bought the car 3 1/2 months ago from a garage as I wanted some warranty just in case. Love the performance, although it doesn't seem as spritely now as when I first bought it I expect this is due to getting used to it

So far I have done:

Cleaned EGR valve, EGR pipe, throttle body, MAF, MAP
    Software version checked (9.99 voucher printed and used at Bristol street motors, who refused to charge the 9.99 when they found it already had the latest software, good guys)
    Replaced MAP (it failed and car wouldn't start until the failed item was disconnected)
    Replaced inlet manifold (precautionary measure as mine had old design where flaps can become detacthed)
    Found soaking carpets on O/S rear foot well, traced this week to a leaking front bulkhead to wheel arch seal and fixed

Currently I am obsessed with DPF regeneration and oil contamination, or the risk of this happening. Seriously considering a DPF/ EGR removal remap at Avon Tuning in Bristol (anyone used them?) but still worried about the long term MOT risk?

Overall love the car and the exclusivity, the ttid wagon seems particularlyrare in these parts.

Saabisti

TTID 2008. 78000. Bought May 2011.
    Within first week
    :Alternator. Dead.
    :Boost solenoid. Dead.
    Recently..
    :Two wheel bearings. Moaning and groaning.
    :Front disc. Cracked. Garage fitted the 285mm discs. Idiots!
    This last week, as Kez will tell you..
    PF regen issues.
    :Oil contamination twice, EGR, EGR pipe, throttle body all cleaned. Sump plug the most difficult thing known to man to remove. Oil filter in quite a ridiculous place.

The wife wants a petrol, but I want to keep riding that torque!!

Will be going to Viezu for a remap and rolling road set up once I've got rid of the Rainsports, way too loud. Anyone fitted a boost valve? Bad idea I'm guessing?

Saab Nut

58 Estate
    Purchased 06.13
    now on 101k miles.
    Full service
    + Cambelt, waterpump, alternator.
    EGR valve and pipe clean
    MAP, MAF and throttle valve clean
    EGR restrictor plate fitted
    Latest software updated on Service club offer
    Low speed fan fuse replaced.
    averaging 43mpg according to my Android fuel log app.
    Planned jobs;
    Rear upper link bars and drop links
    Shocks and strut mounts
    Intake replace ( Sh*t scared a swirl flap will be eaten)
    DPF seems to fill up quickly ( according to opcom) and passive regeneration is not happening at motorway speeds. Thinking about a DPF, CAT and EGR delete but also worried legislation may change.
    Like the car but there is a lot to worry about engine wise compared to the petrol turbo's I'm used to.

So it sounds like the majority have had a problem with the EGR, makes me laugh when my Saab Garage say "Strange, your the only one that has this problem"
    MY10 Nissan 370z GT

Quote Originally Posted by virtualm View Post
    So it sounds like the majority have had a problem with the EGR, makes me laugh when my Saab Garage say "Strange, your the only one that has this problem"
    that's what they all say ........nd bet if you take to dealers they will replace egr valve but not clean the pipe out........................doooh so guess what its still blocked

Saabisti

Well all i can say, after doing what you suggested Kez, and cleaning EGR, pipe and throttle body, I have my car back to how it was when I bought it. Will be doing it every few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by moncheeka View Post
    Well all i can say, after doing what you suggested Kez, and cleaning EGR, pipe and throttle body, I have my car back to how it was when I bought it. Will be doing it every few months now.
    Yep me too - Kez is our EGR god, tbh when you've done it once it's easy to do in the future.
    MY10 Nissan 370z GT

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast