Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Newbie - Saab first timer

Tags
newbie timer
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kez 
#1 ·
Hi All, New to Saab but one of the cars me and the wife have always aspired to. Finally taken the plunge and now have a 2005 93 1.8T Convertible, well chuffed. Two problems 1. weather 2. Wife She has the car and I'm writing this. Still weekends coming and hopefully the weather will break. Looking forward to a good summer with our first Saab.

#5 ·
Hi Martin,
I just took the plunge too ! Got Vector Sport TID convertible last week. First weekend weather amazing and my wife and I went 180 miles from central Scotland up through mountains and glens getting tanned in the glorious sunshine....roof down all the way, incredible driving through stunning scenery. This one day has made the choice of car worthwhile but I dont know how many more there will be lol. If we get half a dozen days each year like that I`ll be well happy. In the meantime its roof up going to work.
Really hope we get the weather.:cool:

#8 ·
roof down all the way
its always best to put it down all the way otherwise it gets upset lol

i dont quite understand all these convertible drivers that leave their windows up and roof down, to me it really doesnt make that much difference so prefer roof down and windows down

#6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, the only thing that is at the moment! Still getting to grips with some of the niceties and idiosyncrasies of the 93. Thank God the hood does not leak, it's had enough of a test this week. Hopefully get a chance to take it a run over the weekend, got a friend up in the peaks, it may be the excuse for a flying visit........................ Looking forward to some better weather:cool:

#10 ·
my sister has a mini convertible and she is impressed with mine about how little the wind comes in, so i suppose i can only assume that other convertibles are less aerodynamic than the 93's so wind wraps around the sides of the windscreen and into the cabin more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.