Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

In dash 6 disc player upgrade problems

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  haloweenhamster 
#1 ·
Hello help everyone ! I have managed to purchase a brand new 6disc in dash cd player for my 04 plate car to replace the single disc , I purchased it as Saab do list it as an accesor/upgrade so you would think it would be a straight forward swap but nope :( the single disc player has a multiplug socket n the rear which the Saab aux kit piggy backs of the back off but the new 6 disc player comes with a short harness which plugs into a two pin socket n the back of the new player and at the other end of this new loom you have two single fibre optic wires ? How do you connect all this up ? Saab have quoted me over £300 to sort it out and the new player does not include any instructions Am desperate for any advice
Cheers

#4 · (Edited)
It replaces the single CD which is in a cradle with the ehu (headunit) which has the connection your on about

Sorry about the picture its my old ehu
The top half is the ehu with the large fakra connector
The bottom half is the CD player with the 2 pin connector with the fiber optic cables

#6 ·
There's 2 metal tabs holding the CD player in 1 on each side
Supposed to use a tool through the front of the CD player but I just use a flat blade screwdriver on the tabs then it slides forward
Just like a normal car radio really

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.