9-3ss aero 2.0T (2003) help

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 9-3ss aero 2.0T (2003) help

9-3ss aero 2.0T (2003) help

Hi people,

Tomorrow I'm picking up my new toy, I've had a chat with the dealer and the car sounds great.

As I'm traveling 270 miles I asked him to be honest as I will be giving the car a full inspection and test drive and would be very dissapointed if I found any faults not mentioned.

Can you kind, knowledgeable chaps give me some advice on what I should be looking and listening out for.

As listed in the title the car is a 2003 9-3 ss aero 2.0T. Just about every option included, sat nav etc, Has a full service history, 12m MOT and 134,000 miles covered.

Many thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: 9-3ss aero 2.0T (2003) help

is it an 03 or a 53 plate..
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

Buy cheap pay twice..

An 03 plate

check for broken front springs,make sure there is no eml on start up from stone cold,as that is likely to be the sai pump & valve.No eml on atall.The valve isn't to bad to replace,the pump isn't cheap.Get them to remove the pipes going to the pump to make sure there is no water in them..
    If it's a 6sp manual 1st to 2nd is notchy it's a trait of that g/box & any..and make sure ALL the electrics work,push every button making sure it does what it's suppose to,as it has sat nav check the door speakers work if they don't this mean amp1 has died there is no aftermarket replacement..if it has ACC check the buttons aren't worn away,a replacement kit is available & around £70..take it for a test drive try to boost in all gears if there is any problems turbo related,normally cause the eml to come on while it's boosting..
    Last edited by aerojon; 02-25-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Buy cheap pay twice..

Thanks aerojon, I'll add all that info to the check list.

I'm told it has "phone prep", is this built in phone or Bluetooth connection, and how good are the sat nav systems in these cars?

I'll leave it at that as i could go on and on, thanks for your time chaps.

Much appreciated.

echo johns comments sai valve and pump can be £450.00 and no cheap fix. it is an irrelevance and deleted after 2003. the thing is it can take 6 days for the eml to come on after a reset so be warned.

at 134k i would expect the suspension has been replaced struts, springs, drop-links & bushes and would be concerned if not same goes for the clutch and DMF (google this if you do not know what it is). On that sort of miles i would want to see receipts for work done as well as stamps in a service book.

make sure it has both keys or negotiate a ton if one missing.

tbh it sounds like you have made your mind up - never a good idea, look at a few and drive them so you have something to compare against.

Good luck.
    Last edited by the zohan; 02-25-2013 at 01:10 PM.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

I'll only accept the car if it matches up to what we agreed, I'm told it has a FSSH and all stamps in the book that I can see at the dealers.

Just had 12 months mot and assured theirs no knocks, rattles or noises to worry about. And 2 keys.

Am I right in thinking if you only have 1 key and it fails its an expensive fix?

Thanks for your help guys, I would have had no idea to check the sai valve and pump.

yes it is expensive fix,make sure both fobs lock & unlock the doors also check the hard key/s contained within the fobs unlocks/locks the passenger door lock..Also as zohan says i'd worry about the clutch at that mileage £400+ for clutch change..

Buy cheap pay twice..

Just wanted to thank you again for your comments and knowledge.

Everything checked out as it should and the drive home was the most enjoyable trip, the car was a pleasure to drive.

Very happy new Saab owner I am.

Does the car still work?

12. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements