Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Car Of The Month......heres my shout!

11K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  deano93tid 
#1 ·
Had the Aero for a couple of months now, enjoying being back in a Saab after 5 years in Alfas.

I bought the car (2001 51 plate with 112K and FSH) from a dealer in Farnborough. Paid the princely sum of £1750, including a service, new front tyres, new front discs and pads and a new drivers seat motor!
Since then I have changed the rear discs and pads, changed the recirc valve (Maptun alloy one), silicone pipes and checked all the oil breather pipes.

A few tweaks to the body; new NSF door trim, new bonnet badge, prancing moose stickers and a full detail!

Leather is in stunning condition. After a good clean and treatment with Autoglym Leather Conditioner it has come up like new. Have used the bum warmers more and more.

Great power, bonkers torque steer. A steering clamp is in the offing, once I have dropped the sump and hopefully given myself peace of mind.

Here are a few photos, taken after the first clean. Washed/dried/clayed/waxed/SRP.

Hope you like!

There are a few plans afoot. Stainless steel exhaust and sports back box (custom made), rear wheels refurbed, steering clamp, sump drop and a possible lowering.
Value for money, solidity, power, comfort. It has them all.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.