Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

HOW TO Remove and Clean \ Replace EGR Valve on 93 TTID 180bhp (Z19DTR)

45K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wainyone 
#1 ·
In this guide I will attempt to help anyone who needs to remove their EGR valve on a TTID 93 Z19DTR engine.

This was easy for me as a non mechanic and took approx 15 minutes to take off and replace.

What you'll need

Torque Set and Ratchet Size 30
Wynn’s EGR Cleaner
Optional New EGR Valve (Part Number 55209609) approx £120 - £200

The EGR Valve is located to the rear right of the engine, you will need to remove the plastic engine cover and insulation.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

There are 2 screws holding the EGR Valve that need to be removed. I have circled one in red that is easily visible from the top. The other screw is directly below the first on the underside of the valve.

There is also an electrical connection that needs to be removed. To do this the yellow clip on the orange connector needs sliding out as this acts as a lock, once pulled out in the direction of the arrow the orange electrical connector block will become free to unplug.

Once the blots have been remove and the connector you can pull out the valve for cleaning or replacing.
Auto part Rim Wheel

The above EGR was cleaned using Wynns EGR cleaner by the AA two days before I have written this guide so is not as clogged up as before. The cleaner is aerosol based and just gets directed towards the carbon deposits and eats away at it until clean. I presume any carbon cleaner will work, however this is the product that I saw being used.

I decided to proceed and buy a new part rather than see if the old one remained stable, it came with a new gasket and screws, however I didn’t have the recommended DOW CORNING for the gasket so I left the old one in place.
Auto part

Fitting the new EGR is the opposite of removing and a simple process.

Hope that helps. p.s. if anyone has any comments or other tips to add to the guide please contact me.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Saab95nutt
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.