trading in my lovely saab feb 07 plate convert

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: trading in my lovely saab feb 07 plate convert

trading in my lovely saab feb 07 plate convert

have got lovely black saab convert feb 07 with 31.000 on clock...my husband has died suddenly and I need to trade in my car and his for something that can do longer motorway mileage as mine used only occ and petrol. Audi dealer quoting £5 thous maybe £5.500 as saying no-one can get parts......am I being taken for a ride????????????? 45 yr old female in need of advice please.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: trading in my lovely saab feb 07 plate convert

Sorry to hear about your husband.

PX values aren't strong at the moment, lack of parts and the general 'state' of Saab making them a risky purchase are to blame.

You could try looking at the we buy any car and we want any car websites to see if they offer anything above that? Or try get in touch with some local traders or garages that have some nice cars and see what they offer.

Good luck.

That seems low - I gpt £3k for a 54 plate one with 130k miles in March......might do better privately if you can manage the hassle? Have you consdiered keeping - at that value then the saving you'd get from diesel not worth it as the new car will cost a lot in te first place. I used mine for 6 years doing over 20k miles a year on motorway and it performed very reliably. The thing about parts is a lot of nonsense......

Independant sales near me is selling a 07 covertible TiD with 29,000 on the clock for £10,495 reduced from £11,995 (maybe a bit ambitious) - I think you should get more than £5,500. Cheapest book price for P/X I can find is £6,000 on a 2007 1.8t Linear convertible with an average of 40,000 on the clock. You must be able to get more than that for it.

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    have got lovely black saab convert feb 07 with 31.000 on clock...my husband has died suddenly and I need to trade in my car and his for something that can do longer motorway mileage as mine used only occ and petrol. Audi dealer quoting £5 thous maybe £5.500 as saying no-one can get parts......am I being taken for a ride????????????? 45 yr old female in need of advice please.......

This does seem low. I'm in the market for one myself and I'm finding that a 2005 with 60-70k on the clock are fetching around £4.4k if I haggle hard enough, although that is retail through a dealer. With recent news of Saab going bankrupt then used values have fallen a lot.

I thought the 2007 would be out of my budget but if you're interested in selling at around £5,500 then PM me. If you would rather it go to a genuine lover of the brand than a dealer :-)

Brett
    Last edited by Brett T; 11-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Hi all thanks for the advice and info...have decided to keep it and trade in my husbands A6 audi for a corsa that my son can learn in, use that for the longer commutes and keep mine for pleasure and weekends!

8. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements