2.0 turbo engine conversion wiring help

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 2.0 turbo engine conversion wiring help

Saab Junior
    hi, i have removed a B204e engine from a 2000 W 9-3 and have just finished fitting it in a nova GSi..

i have the engine loom which goes into the drivers foot well, on this section inside the car it has the large T5 ECU multi-plug, the SFi test socket (where a CANUSB is to be connected) and the multi-plug which connects the engine loom to the rest of the car...

does anyone hav a diagram or list of what pins do what? or even better does anyone know what i need to wire up to get the engine to run and by-pass the anti-theft ( after ive removed it from the ECU map).

the plug has 33 pins but only 22 are used.. im currently sat in the living room with the loom and wiring diagrams trying to trace everything out and label it all up! there must be some who's done this but i cant really find the info i need to speed the job up.

any help or links to help will be greatly appreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

If you remove the anti-theft/VSS from the ecu then you should be able to just fire it up, you don't need to bypass anything else assuming that you've got your starter etc. etc. correctly connected.

Saab Junior
    thanks, yea i know that bit its more the actual wiring of the plug near the ECU which connects the engine to the rest of the car ( ive heard it maybe called h33-4?) i know i need to wire in the main relay and the fuel pump relay then there will be +12v feeds, ign feeds then oil pressure etc..

im sure someone must of used a 900 loom to put the b204 into a kitcar or to convert a c900 to T5?

I have a copy of WIS for GM900 somewhere, if nobody else replies in the next couple of days then private message me as a reminder and I'll try and sort something out for you, sorry but I'm a bit lazy and mostly hang out in the 9-5 forum but would be happy to help out if nobody else can.

Saab Junior
    will do thankyou my friend

Here you go:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

Saab Junior
    thankyou very much mark thats exactly what i needed.. sorted it today the nova should be running with stg3 by the end of the week!! i cant wait to get this going.. ill be using this on my mk indy b234r with 630 deca's and holset hx35 im just fitting 4x4 cozzy running gear to it and waiting for the gearbox to come back for having the bellhousing changed

Re: 2.0 turbo engine conversion wiring help

hello guys, looking for help my self, i have taken out a saab 2.0l turbo t5 ecu and loom out of a 1998 9-3, to be fitted in a vauxhall mk2 astra!
    ave known people who have done away with the dash clocks and the twice system and did a wiring conversion from the 33pin black plug that comes from the engine loom and ecu that is in side the cockpit foot well.
    can any one help me point out the wires to where they go, as i know where the ecu and fuel pump relay wires go to, but alot of the plug and play guys just start from fresh..
    trouble is you ask the guys who do this and the dont say how the do it..
    if anyone can help that be great... thanks, mel.

Wiring schematic is two posts above yours

arr right, so can i do away with the twice system and the dash clocks,, ??????

nice username matee
    Former SAAB Driver

cheers, not my normal thing these saabs, not to be cheeky.. but am a old skool for fords,,, i have no problems with ford stuff at all, but i do have a challange with this saab loom.. well hopefully al get there in the end...

Well, twice and associated systems could be a major PITA... Probably you're going to need some software modifications.

cheers boris, at this rate think al scrap the thought of it all as its getting to be a pain... lol.

hello, i see that you've post the diagrams but i can't open them. Can anyone post them again i really need it.

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements