Best wax or polish - Page 3

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best wax or polish

Re: Best wax or polish

I want a viggen so bad one day I might be able to buy one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deano93tid View Post
    I want a viggen so bad one day I might be able to buy one.
    I don't know that much about them....what's the attraction? Which model was it that torque steered all over the road until Abbott Racing worked out the chassis needed more bracing; was that the Viggen?

They are a limited edition 9-3 pushing around 230bhp standard and yes they suffer from the scuttle shake but most verts do the coupe version does not.

They are very rare and hold a good value for the year. I saw a 1999 for about £5k not so long back very nice car mint condition with not too many miles.

Saab Viggen

SAAB 9-3 Viggen

A high-powered version of the Saab 9-3 was the "Viggen" (English: Thunderbolt). It was named after the Saab 37 Viggen aircraft. Production ended in 2002.
    It came with a turbocharged 2.3 L engine, (B235R) giving 225 bhp (168 kW; 228 PS) later 230 bhp (172 kW; 233 PS) on 1.4 bar (20 psi) of boost from its Mitsubishi TD04-HL15-5 turbocharger. Acceleration from 0–100 km/h could be reached in 6.4 seconds and the top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (160 mph).[citation needed] To provide and handle the high power and performance, the following elements were changed/modified:

• Higher capacity intercooler
    • Higher performance tuned ECU
    • Larger flow-through exhaust system
    • Heavy duty clutch and pressure plate
    • Stiffened and lowered springs
    • Firmer dampers
    • Stronger CV joints and driveshafts

To enable the front wheels to cope with the amount of torque available, the maximum torque was electronically limited.

• 1st gear was limited to 250 N·m (180 lb·ft)
    • 2nd gear was limited to 330 N·m (240 lb·ft)
    • 3rd gear and on had the full 350 N·m (260 lb·ft).

Forty-six hundred Viggens were manufactured, of which only 500 units were produced for the UK market.
    Production summary:

• Model Year 1998: 14 cars
    • Model Year 1999: 1099 cars
    • Model Year 2000: 1621 cars
    • Model Year 2001: 1251 cars
    • Model Year 2002: 615 cars (Production ended 06/2002)

Total: 4600 cars
    Complements of SAAB USA:
    These numbers represent the total number of each body style Viggen imported into the USA:

• 1999: 3-door > 426| 420 Blue| 2 Silver |2 Monte Carlo Yellow |2 Black
    • 2000: Convertible > 245, 3-door > 138, 5-door > 421
    • 2001: Convertible > 738, 3-door > 129, 5-door > 285
    • 2002: Convertible > 322, 3-door > 71, 5-door > 157
    • Totals:
      • 1999 = 426
      • 2000 = 804
      • 2001 = 1,152
      • 2002 = 550

• Totals: 3-door = 764, 5-door = 863, conv. = 1,305

In 1999, the Viggen was the first 9-3 to use Saab's Trionic 7 engine management system, which processes 2 million calculations every second analysing combustion temperature, boost control, variable torque curves and many other critical engine processes. In addition, the 2001 model year introduced a Traction Control System (TCS) to the Viggen.
    In addition to extra power and torque, it also featured a special rear wing (increasing the downforce by 50%) requiring relocation of the radio antenna, aerodynamically designed bumpers and side skirts reducing the drag coefficient by 8%, specially bolstered and colored leather seats (available in four colors: black with black inserts (charcoal), black with blue inserts (deep blue), black with orange inserts (flame ochre), and tan with tan inserts), sportier suspension, bigger wheels, upgraded brakes, and other upgraded parts.
    The Viggen was only available with a five-speed manual transmission, CD player, power moonroof, and (what were initially) Viggen-specific motorised and heated leather seats with the Viggen delta logo embossed in the backrest; these were later also available in the Aero model (U.S. market 'SE' model) without the embossed Viggen logo. Some colors featured carbon-fibre interior trim from its introduction to the middle of the 2001 model year, when Saab substituted a less expensive printed gray pattern for the dash and standard trim for everything else.
    New Viggen buyers in the USA were treated to two days of advanced driving instruction at Road Atlanta and dined with Saab USA executives from nearby Norcross, Georgia. This programme, operated by Saab and Panoz, was called Viggen Flight Academy and later transformed into the current SAAB Aero Academy.
    Some motoring journalists were critical of untamed torque steer in low gears.[5] Although the torque steer can be nearly eliminated through the use of a steering rack brace,[citation needed] also called a "Viggen Rescue Kit" available through a few aftermarket vendors.[citation needed]

Just had a read about the Viggen on the AR website, it is indeed the steering rack clamp that you mention for the convertible (but I think on the Viggen AR use it on the hatchback as well), but also some other bits that the regular cabrio doesn't need - polyurethane track control arm bushes, support arm bearing kit and stainless steel subframe brace. Sounds like AR think the chassis needs gluing to the road.

I've had no issues with mine, I've had several very high powered cars, and this is on par with most for acceleration and handling, as fas as I can tell mines stock apart from hirsch lowered suspension, and 18" wheels.

Saying that I've not had a nice day to be able to have a good nosy.

That info above is interesting given mines listed as a 98 on the log book.

Hi,i think MER is really good.It is a little more expensive than most but lasts years.
    I bought some four years ago and still have half a bottle left.
    I just wash my car(hand wash)and with a wet sponge apply the MER all over,leave for 5 mins and buff off.
    Fantastic shine and rain just beads off.
    I do it twice a year.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MER-ULTIMATE-POLISH-1-LITRE-BOTTLE-CAR-VAN-TRUCK-BIKE-CARAVAN-WAX-PROFESSIONAL-/1807884377

I've used:

Autoglym srp, egp, hd
    Blackfire fire over ice kit
    Poorboys nattys red, blue
    Megs Ultimate/Nxt/nxt 2.0
    Turtlewax, many, many
    various dodo juice
    Zaino
    chemical guys

The best so far is easily Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid, especially if you put 2 coats on and top with a coat of Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz. The reflections are so deep, its hard to explain but the effect is awesome and has to be seen to be believed. But the paintwork has to be polished to perfection to get the effect.

Old thread but a good one.

Ive used Autoglym high res and wax along with the detail spray and wheel cleaner. All very good stuff.

Not a fan of black magic i kinda hate it lol.
    Also tried mags and a few other brands but AG is my fav from local store bought.

Blackfire gloss polish is also good but getting higher price.
    Car pro also pretty good but higher price.

I want to try chemical guyz stuff along with collinite..

just to add my comments to this, im certainly no detailer, however i do like to keep my car nice and shiny, i used to use a lot of "fast wax" (spray on wipe off) that i used to by from Asda for £3.50 but this seemed to leave a whitish residue in gaps and a hassle to get off in certain parts of the car, i now have switched to "Wonder Wheels Top Gloss Detailer" from halfords for around £7.50 and i am extremly impressed with the results, its also a clear liquid spray not white so works great and i think thats what im going to stick to for mine

Current :
    2015 Vauxhall Insignia 1.4t SRI

Previous :
    2009 Saab 93 1.8t Linear Convertible
    2008 Saab 93 2.0t Vector Sport Saloon
    2005 Saab 93 1.8t Vector Sport Saloon
    2000 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS
    1998 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12V LS

Saab Newbie

I've got a black 9-3 cabriolet and recently used Collinite 845 bought on Amazon.Car now as gleaming as a gleaming thing - absolutely amazing wax.Look at Youtube for several videos of satisfied owners

There are so many was and polishes available in the market and at online store to brighten the car and restore its original shining. For this purpose the best polish which I am using is "Novus Polish, Cleaner and Scratch Remover" and this is low in price as well. Cheers!

I use Autoglym SRP, and I have just purchased some Autobrite Direct Cheery Glaze AIO Polish to try out, and to top it off I use Meguiars NXT Gen Hard Wax and then Autobrite Direct Berry Blast Liquid Wax, Their products are awesome and inexpensive too. If the paint is badly swirled i use Farecla G3 Compound and Autoglym Paint Renovator. Like a mirror everytime

16. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123