Best wax or polish - Page 2

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best wax or polish

Saab Fan

Re: Best wax or polish

P21S on top of Megs NXT2 for me. Being a wax it dosent stain plastic trim and its easy to apply/remove.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Collinite super doublecoat autowax #476 Should last a year..

Banned

If you have some spare cash invest in a snow foam lance and pressure washer. The snow foam is great for lifting dirt off the paint work (Yes the pressure washer does alot of the work but the snow foam looks pro when it's going on).

My Routine:
    Snow foam
    Rinse with pressure washer.
    2 bucket wash with micro fibre mit, top to bottom.
    Dry with chamois
    Polish - usually every other wash
    Wax with AG high def wax
    Wheels get foamed and rinsed but washed last then waxed, sealed and the tyres get dressed in Meguiars tyre dressing.

Everyone has their own way of doing it and I'm far from a detailing pro but this method has always given me great results. If the paint doesn't feel smooth its always worth getting a clay bar and then polishing with SRP before waxing. I tend to use a mix of AG and Meg's products with Mirco fibre mits and cloths.
    Last edited by Davegt; 01-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.

I used Dodo Juice Purple haze on my partners black Clio and the finish was amazing, the purple haze is meant for dark coloured cars.

Looking to get the dodo juice orange crush for my car as it is somewhat lighter than black.

+1 on snow lance. I had a group buy going which you may want to look I to for here (my forum not me selling it)

Along with the above I love Ziano on mine, some 3M on the glass and gold class megs in 1 of buckets. In fact my garage cupboard is like the car version of a tarts makeup box. The Wookie for body work wash mitt, a merkin for glass and a good alloy brush
    Last edited by Kontraband; 01-16-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    In fact my garage cupboard is like the car version of a tarts makeup box.
    Kontraband me and you will get along just fine.

What is this group buy on a foam lance? I want one but there is no link above?

Have you brought a Metro Vac yet? Vac n Blo awesome piece of kit in stock on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

No more drying with towels

I didn't want to go dropping links all over your site with only a few posts... I hate spammers

We had this deal running and showing as still running though to be fair I haven't checked up on its validity recently. I has been ongoing with us since Jun2009 and last post on it was 2011. Basically someone saying they'd seen the group buy, wanted it and some other kit and they got a better discount. The deets were basically

Autobrite HD Foam Lance with your choice of connector , Strong 1 litre foam lance bottle inc a FREE 500ml bottle of Autobrite Super Snow Foam (dilution rate up to 200-1) for £39.99
    You could add more foam / different foam for additional cost. I bought it in 2009 and wash the car every weekend with it and its still working like the day I bought it so can certainly say its good quality. The image on their website now though has a red nossil and the one on mine is black.

Ive seen the vacuum dryers... at first my reaction was my neighbours would all think Im nuts... however, Ive lived here long enough for that to have been confirmed when it comes to cars, so will have a look at that one. I dont have much issues drying as it use the hosepipe to dry and towel off the little bits left. There is enough wax on the car to slide away.
    Last edited by Kontraband; 01-17-2013 at 06:51 AM.

This is the Metro Vac - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/access...prod_1090.html

The power is insane on both vac and blo.

I know that feeling lol, two days later you are still cleaning that car!!!! Erm yes. lol

I haven't managed to hit mine up with a wax coat yet due to time and weather, wanted to get the correction sorted before wax coating.

Have you got one of those hose attachments de-ioniser or something? I look at this and the water in my area is so hard that it would either not work or it would only work about 10 times before needing a replacement.

This it here? - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...oam-combo.html

Or have you got a link directly to that deal, I want to buy one at the end of the month lol.

yeah, that's the one.

The water here in Sheff isnt soft so no issues on the calcium build ups etc. This just fits directly into my karcher gun.

Not sure if you do group buys here yet (not looked TBF) but may be worthwhile you tapping them up for SS. I'll DM you the info now because the group buys on the vagoc need you to have posted a certain amount first before access to the good stuff (and yeah, not just idle spam posts lol)

I would go with Bilt Hamber autobalm.

It's not a wax but a sealant and it also masks swirls so 2 for 1.

It leaves an excellent finish and is easy to apply, you can apply it while the car is still wet (ish) and it lasts for a very long time, also if you add extra layers it looks better and better and lasts even longer.

It also has anti corrosion properties so it will help stop any stone chips turning to rust.

Worth a try and relatively inexpensive.

I like Poorboys Blackhole Glaze followed by some nattys pastewax

Saabisti

I have used a few in my time, Blackfire is good stuff and I use Dodo Juice Need for Speed.

off topic a bit i bought some turtle wax professional leather cleaner / conditioner for my seats and come up nice alot better than expected about £15 for 5l off some valet company on ebay

Saab Newbie

You know I always had great resoults with Maguires Gold Class wax, It goes on and comes on nice and it puts a nice depth to the paint.

Finnish klare 2000p.

image.jpg

EDIT: Image straightened. Jezz1

attachnt.jpg
    Last edited by jezz1; 04-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast