Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1980 saab 99 family owned since 82

7K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  darencreeksea 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-SAAB-99-GL-BLUE...=item19c3306058

It with great sadness that i have come to this, where I have had to sell my SAAB 99 GL 1980. This Car was bought by my dad in the summer of 1982 and i have many great memories of this car taking the family on holiday's all round the UK my dad took real care of this car and kept it well survived right till the day he gave me the car so that I could uses it for family holidays of my own. But cash flow problems forced me to park her in the garage 2 years ago & I can not see me being able to tax and MOT her again as i also have a 63 beetle and a work van on the road right now. This car has never bad or needed any welding and is one of the cleanest examples of theses you will find ........No holes at all!!! & rock solid She is also straight with know dents or dings the only scratch that stands out a little is in the passenger door that i have tried to capture in the photo she runs well & always starts on the key she is Manuel choke with 127000 .00 on the clock which for a car this old is not vary many!!!.....as far as problems go, she had a replacement gearbox fitted some years back at a Good SAAB Garage and right now she has a blow on the middle of the exhaust that is going to need doing before any attempt at a MOT & the electric window motors have stopped working so I have to wind them up with a winder arm but nothing else i can see thats a problem with her the interior is in great condition even the headliner is where it should be. Years ago my dad headlining redone when it started coming adrift and it still looks new!!! the drivers seat heats up when it is cold and you press the right switch which i Liked on cold days she will come complete with Haynes manual & original saab 99 guide description & instructions & maintenance book & all MOTs and Bills including the last vist to a SAAB Garage (North city Saab) when the Gearbox was replaced. As I said the Car was first registered in 1980 so that makes her 31 years old & looking vary clean for it!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.