Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Multiple

Tags
multiple
5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  wesleyyallenn 
#1 ·
I recently purchased an 05 Linear from an absolutely awful dealership. Never, ever affiliate yourselfs with the Don Carlton name. I was told it had just had $700 worth of upkeep done to it then later found out it only got an oil change. The entire cooling system is going haywire. The car is at about 95,000 miles and had never had the cooling system flushed. Needless to say, I did just that. Not in time though as the Radiator seal, thermostat, and lower hose were all bad already. All 3 have been replaced(thermostat twice.) It's still getting hot. The guys at Hibdon told me I should replace all of the above and that the water pump is perfectly fine. You don't think it's the head gasket do you?

I am currently pursuing Don Carlton about Lemon Laws as I have had the car for about 2 and a half months now and it first started over heating before I ever took the paper tags off. I've heard multiple stories about dealerships repairing cars for free, refunding your money, and on some occasions replacing the used car you purchased with a brand new car from their lot for the same price. I absolutely love the car and would hate to see it go, but if I could get my hands on a 2010 Civic SI for $8,000 with factory warranty. I'd have to take it.

If I can just get the car repaired and keep it all to myself I would like to do some engine mods to it such as cold air intake, turbo, etc... Do you have any ideas or recomendations on where to start with tuning it?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.