Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Aerodynamic noise + sunroof problem

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  FPT 
#1 ·
Hi there,
as I have really silent car and as I am driving on highways most of the time, I am starting to be more concerned with the aerodynamic noise. I have already removed some by fitting a new insulation around all doors, that helped a lot. Now I have two main problems - the bigger one is with the sunroof. It doesn't seall well, so it's making a very annoying whistling noise while driving at more than 80 kph. When I shut the curtain (or what it's called) it gets better, but only to 110-120 kph. At higher speeds it's really annoying.

I have noticed that when I press the closed sunroof upwards (or lift it a little bit with electric switch) it goes away. But it takes exactly one bump at the road to start it all again. So my question is - is it possible to do something with it?

The second question is only out of curiosity - I've heard somewhere that there were come kits for the windshield that reduced the aerodynamic noise, was it only rumors or was it true?

It's 1997 2.0 LPT CSE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.