Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Whatever Happened to the Saabscene Trackday

22K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Aerohead 
#1 ·
Whatever happened to the Saabscene Trackday? I went to Goodwood and Croft and great days they were. I have been out of touch as I have been rebuilding Darthvader and missed Donnington and Cadwell. I know there was some politics, but the result has been no Saab TD which is a great loss to all.

I organise TDs for Club Triumph and need to sort out something for October and am having a word with MSV about Bedford. I am happy to provide expertise / time, but I have a very busy life and would need some help, but the guys who did it before did such a great job I would not wish to tread on their toes.

How about we revive the Saabscene trackday?

#4 ·
It was generally felt that the Saab community at the time could only support one exclusive trackday each year. Since the last Saabscene trackday, there have been many others that have been arranged primarily for Saabs or with Saabs having a slot.

Neo Brothers are organising one this year and there has already been one at Castle Combe. Maybe others.

#11 ·
Whatever happened to the Saabscene Trackday? I went to Goodwood and Croft and great days they were.[/b]
Hi Chris, good to hear from you again.

The Saabscene Trackdays were orgainsed at Anglesey when we had just 17 people/cars commit, the following year at Anglesey where we quickly reached 30 capacity and in 2004 at Goodwood where we were oversubscribed for 40 cars on the day.

The following year was at Croft when the Saab Owners Club finally realised Saabs could go faster and be more fun when they weren't pulling along white plastic houses.

I know there was some politics, but the result has been no Saab TD which is a great loss to all.[/b]
I agree that it is a loss that SSc TDnn trackdays ceased with Croft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.