Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

are all 92's rubbish in snow and ice or am i just 'lucky'?

12K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
My 92 refuses to do snow and ice. It struggled up a hill in a few inches of snow last week , ground to a halt and then the ABS and traction control failed, so we turned round and slithered back homewards. It completly failed to get up the road we live on for five days although a neighbours mondeo managed fine in the compacted snow and ice. My wife is less than impressed as she has had to walk 5 miles each day to see to her horse and back as the car couldnt manage even flattish roads with any compact snow or ice on them. As soon as it hits any kind of slippy surface the traction control wanrs of a failure. It got stuck at a local store on a snowy parking space that a fiesta had just merrily zipped out of!

I rather naively thought that being a saab it would cope admirably but NO. is there something wrong with mine, is this a common problem and if so can I overcome it before being forced to become an ex saab owner? wife is muttering about getting a Landy (no thanks).

#3 ·
My 92 refuses to do snow and ice. It struggled up a hill in a few inches of snow last week , ground to a halt and then the ABS and traction control failed, so we turned round and slithered back homewards.[/b]
Do you really mean a 9-2X? As in a left hand drive Subaru with a SAAB badge stuck on it that was only ever retailed in the USA (although it has been known that there are a few in the UK) or do you mean something else? This would explain the lack of replies to your question! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.