are all 92's rubbish in snow and ice or am i just 'lucky'?

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: are all 92's rubbish in snow and ice or am i just 'lucky'?

My 92 refuses to do snow and ice. It struggled up a hill in a few inches of snow last week , ground to a halt and then the ABS and traction control failed, so we turned round and slithered back homewards. It completly failed to get up the road we live on for five days although a neighbours mondeo managed fine in the compacted snow and ice. My wife is less than impressed as she has had to walk 5 miles each day to see to her horse and back as the car couldnt manage even flattish roads with any compact snow or ice on them. As soon as it hits any kind of slippy surface the traction control wanrs of a failure. It got stuck at a local store on a snowy parking space that a fiesta had just merrily zipped out of!

I rather naively thought that being a saab it would cope admirably but NO. is there something wrong with mine, is this a common problem and if so can I overcome it before being forced to become an ex saab owner? wife is muttering about getting a Landy (no thanks).

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

saab proved to Jeremy Clarkson years ago that 4wd is useless in snow and ice. Best car I know in the ice is classic 900!!

My 92 refuses to do snow and ice. It struggled up a hill in a few inches of snow last week , ground to a halt and then the ABS and traction control failed, so we turned round and slithered back homewards.[/b]
    Do you really mean a 9-2X? As in a left hand drive Subaru with a SAAB badge stuck on it that was only ever retailed in the USA (although it has been known that there are a few in the UK) or do you mean something else? This would explain the lack of replies to your question!

Saab Afficionado
    Do you really mean a 9-2X? As in a left hand drive Subaru with a SAAB badge stuck on it that was only ever retailed in the USA (although it has been known that there are a few in the UK) or do you mean something else? This would explain the lack of replies to your question! [/b]
    Check Roy's profile.... it seems he has a 2004 9-3 TiD...

Often has as much to do with the tyres and the driver as with the car ...

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements