The fat lady hasn't sung yet!

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: The fat lady hasn't sung yet!

Saab Afficionado
    According to the Swedish SVT website, GM have received several offers since Friday (see here if you can read Swedish).

As seen of SaabsUnited.com, Spyker have also placed a renewed (and supposedly improved from GM's point of view) offer for Saab. See http://www.saabsunited.com/2009/12/spyker-...st-hurdles.html.

Also from SaabsUnited.com is a request to email Ed Whitacre (GM's Chairman and CEO) to show your support for Saab. See http://www.saabsunited.com/2009/12/ask-gm-...an-kill-it.html.

Let's get as many people together to do so. All we can do is try (and pray).

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

I sent an email to CEO Ed Whitacre, as per the sample provided by SaabsUnited.com.
    I doubt it would make any difference but just in case...

Every little voice matters.

Just sent ours.

Great idea!

Saab Fan
    Mine sent,
    Got to be worth a try I havent owned Saabs for fifteen years to see them dribble down the pughole

Saab Afficionado
    Here's another way of keeping the pressure on GM. Let them know you won't buy from them if the do close Saab.

http://www.iwontbuyfromgm.com/

Click the yellow headline near the top and you will get all comments (91 right now but rising quickly) and a form to fill in at the bottom.

I already did that too!

I regret I bought a GM car.
    I am proud I bought a Saab car!

Chris

I have emailed, my last 3 cars have been Vectra 2.2 DTI (not bad but noisey & slow) - Astra CDTI 150 sporthatch, great car - and now SAAB TTID 9-3 - superb car. I have loyalty to GM but after only a few weeks ownership I love my Saab. Its just so comfy, warm, sporty, cool, a bit different, - just a great car.

Saab Newbie
    Instead of being cynical, let's show the rest of the world that when it comes to raise support for State of the Art Engineering, the UK can still play a part!

http://www.rescue-saab.com/en/index.html
    http://www.saabsunited.com/

Join the Support convoy 17th of January to the Saab UK headquarters in Luton!
    And please get in contact to make this work, I can use all of your help, suggestions and networks.....

Josephine</span>

Always good to voice support in this manner. It does work, even if it does seem that we are little voices very far from the big suits. I am a massive Moto Guzzi fan (I like strange quirky niche vehicles it seems!) and after the Piaggio takeover it seemed that the Mandello factory would be closed and that it would disappear as an entity.

Several thousand Guzzisti demonstrated outside the factory gates and the web was awash with petitions and all sorts of stuff. Several thousand enthusiasts also sent a letter to Piaggio and it seems the have listened. It is a good thing to mobilise people to let corporations know that what people think matters.

Saabisti
    Perhaps we'd all better turn up at Cadbury's then, armed with chocholate eggs! I don't give them long in Bournville I'm afraid. Just look what happened to HP sauce once Heinz moved in.

Re: The fat lady hasn&#39;t sung yet&#33;

nonsense i think

13. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements