Wiper Blades

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiper Blades

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I've just bought a 04 plate 9-5 2.2tid Linear estate.

One question I have is concerning the wiper blades. Have many owners changed over to the aero style blades and, if so, are they quieter and better than standard ones? I see Nordic Parts, who advertise on here, sell them - anyone bought these?

Is it a straight swap with the aero blades or do you need a conversion kit?

Thanks in advance,

Finbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

I've fitted the Aero style blades to lots of different cars and all have been a straight fit , I think they look better and have never had the usual "judder" problem , there's someone on the bay selling genuine Saab (GM) one's for £25

I've tried a few different makes of the aero style blades (the cheap ones from eBay etc.) and wasn't very impressed with them. Their performance dropped off quickly, streaking and not keeping good contact from the start.

Then I tried the Bosch ones, which are very good indeed. However they're also twice the price.

ive had a set of them on my car since i bought it and i think there great. Performance is much better and they look a lot cleaner. Slightly more costly but worth it i think. seem to last longer than normal wipers as well.

Thanks for the replies.

How much are the Bosch ones?

Anyone tried the aero blades from Nordic Parts Direct??

Bosch arre around £25-£30 per set. IIRC Halfords stock them. Don't know anything about the Nordic ones.

I've had the Bosch ones on for 18 months, there are ok but the silicon in the blades seems to go quickly, but I have been using them for years, cost about £6-7 for NS and £7-8 for OS (with a spoiler) from my local motor factors.

But I have just replaced them with Valeo (thought these were the OE as the arms have Valeo stamped on them) at first they wouldn't fit! Until me and the bloke from the motor factors realised Valeo actually have two ranges! OE and aftermarket, turns out the only ones that fit (correctly) are the aftermarket ones... go figure!

But very happy, they fit well, look stronger and are better quality than the Bosch ones and they have the little end of life UV sensors on them, total cost for two about £16/17 inc VAT, so a few quid more than the Bosch (but it shows!), again with spoiler (my insistence) on the OS.

Have to say dunno why anybody buys consumables/parts from Halfords, I have been going to the trade counters for years.

I tried them on my last 9-5 and they were very very good utill it snowed. They then didn't seem to cope as well especially when below zero.

I found the slightest bit of ice on screen made them streak.

The ones I used were the Valeo as Mainlysideways has.

Snow doesn't both me as we don't normally get much but I always keep a spare set in car as I hate any streaks or judder (how do people drive with that noise).

Have to say dunno why anybody buys consumables/parts from Halfords, I have been going to the trade counters for years.[/b]
    Because not everyone has easy access to a trade counter?

Thanks for all the responses - very informative.

I have two choices. On ebay at the moment, there is a dealer selling genuine Saab aero blades which convert to fit the 9-5 estate for around £26 with free p+p. Or there is a website called wiper.co.uk which have their own (I presume) which were highly rated by Autocar (4 stars) for around £15-16 plus p+p.

Which ones should I go for???

Autoexpress have a review of several different makes/types here

Because not everyone has easy access to a trade counter?[/b]
    But most towns have a motor factors, otherwise who would supply the independent garages in the area?

IIRC when I was seeing a girl from ‘buzzard years ago, I went to one your way for bits for her knackered Golf… it was called LCP or LCS or something like that.

But most towns have a motor factors, otherwise who would supply the independent garages in the area?[/b]
    ....although there's no guarantee that they will be cheaper for everything, especially compared to web-traders who don't have retail premises to support.

Back on topic, and sliding into another, I have just got some Bosch wipers off ebay, (£9 the pair, no spoilers) and, not only do they not skip like my old ones (with spoilers), they appear to have cured the problem I had with the rain-repellent coating on my screen! Either they've scraped the stuff off, or the problem was actually with the wiper blades all along!

Saab Afficionado
    I have just got some Bosch wipers off ebay, (£9 the pair, no spoilers) and, not only do they not skip like my old ones (with spoilers), they appear to have cured the problem I had with the rain-repellent coating on my screen! Either they've scraped the stuff off, or the problem was actually with the wiper blades all along![/b]
    So come on, don't tease us, give us a link to the trader......

Well apparently Nordic don't do an aero style blade for the 9-5 , Iv'e been having an email conversation with Clare from Nordic and she tells me the new type of blade won't fit the 9-5 !! , so I'm going for the genuine ones from ebay

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast