Throttle body help

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Throttle body help

Just changed the throttle body on my 2001 9-3 Convertible. My query is.. when I put the pipes back into it i noticed the lowest pipe on the bank of three was connected to a small white cylinder thingy. This is broken and not attached to anything at the other end.

What is it, do i need it and where do i get another one if i do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado
    There's a small hose which goes from the cam cover (attaching just under the thick hose) to the throttle body with a non-return valve in it (the white 'thingy'). It's an important part of the PCV system (positive crankcase ventilation). It should be possible to blow through this hose from the cam-cover end towards the throttle body, but not suck. See here and click the picture link to see it (with the part number). Do check the other breather hoses while you're there. If they are soft and 'squidgy' (especially the thick hose from cam cover to oil separator) they need changing.

Get it from a Saab dealer or indie.

[edit] Just remembered that one early PCV modification had this hose connected to a small connector on the oil-filler neck (with the cam-cover connector blocked off). If you do have a small connector there then I'd strongly suggest you update your PCV to the latest version (see the thread linked to above showing how I changed mine). If you do that then get the extended (containing all hoses including the one you're after) from Elkparts. Replace the cam-cover bushing too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements