Wiper Blades

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Wiper Blades

I went into Halfords today to buy some new wiper blades for my 2005 9-3 Estate but they didn't have any. Looking on the internet I'm not sure which one's fit, any advice or part numbers out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

I've used wiperblades.co.uk. You just put in the details of your car, and then it returns a list of results applicable to your vehicle. In the case of the Saab the front wipers are 23". It seems the rear one is a specific type of 12" wiper blade.

I have just replaced mine with some retro fit flat blades like these there quite smart.

Full throttle
    A lot of the aftermarket suppliers will offer you a 22 inch blade instead of the 23 inch that Saab fit. It's a bit less window that gets cleared, but not enough to be a problem.

Driver's side has a spoiler.

Thanks, I've ordered the aeroflat blades off ebay, they say for the 95 but I will let you know if they fit my 93.

Any update on if they fit the 9-3 pitbits?
    I know its only 4 days but i want them

Yes they fit fine, and look quite good. However.............. I'm still unsire if they are any good as I'm noticing a bit of smeering on the return wipe and some jumping as well when there isnt much rain. I will give them a few weeks to bed in but if they continue I will get some others.

Full throttle
    Officially the 9-3SS and 9-5 have different blades, but I have bought standard blades for my 9-5 and used them on her 9-3SS with no problem.

They didn't have any on ebay for the 9-3ss so I measured the ones originally on the car and they were both 23". I haven't had any smearing or jumping with the set I got, so not sure what's happened there.

11. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements