Saab 9-3SS TechII programming options - Page 2

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saab 9-3SS TechII programming options

Super Moderator haloweenhamster's Avatar
    Bletchley frequent Birmingham & Northampton
    do the new saabs still use tech2?
    as they are no longer part of GM are they?
    Currently
    9-3 2010 2T aero
    Had
    9-3 2004 1.8i
    900 1996

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Just had first interim service for my 2008 93 2.0t Aero SW at Ballards in Finchley, North London - probably the worst service I've ever experienced... from service dept being simply negative with any request to being unable to perform simple cost calculations without adding an extra £50 on top - why? I still don't know... and, verging on rude and unwilling - especially to my partner.

I asked them to make Tech II adjustments at the same time as they would already have the equipment connected as part of the service... from the alterations I asked for :

1) Activate recirculation to reduce alcohol smell when using washers.
    2) Reduce amount of washer solution.
    3) 2 extra wipes after wash.
    4) Enable panic alarm.
    5) Change unlock logic so only drivers door and fuel flap open with first remote press and all doors with second press.

They told me most of the options weren't available on my model and they only managed to sort number 5 - with number 4 they DISABLED the (already disabled) panic alarm function!

I also asked them about the intermittent problem with the led side lights not working - and had to remind the of the TSB before they acknowledged me - then when they agreed to sort it - never did and on the service report stated "No Fault Found" - it's intermittent! Hellooooo?!

Then after trying to charge me an extra £100 for their attempts I refused to pay and the cost was finally reduced to £34 + Vat...
    and this on top of the £290 for an interim service (oil flush and change, oil filter change and a few seals and rings!)

I asked them for a list of available Tech II options for my model and they said it wasn't possible to do that...

So...

Two questions please:

Does anyone know the Tech II options for a 2008 model 93 Aero SW?

Also, can anyone suggest a good place in or near to North London that can (and will!) perform Tech II changes?

All the options in the first post can be altered.

Is there a way when you press the lock to close the windows automatically?

Full throttle
    The 9-3SS has an option called "comfort close". If you have the option fitted then you can do a one-touch open and close. Otherwise you only get one-touch open.

If you think you have the option fitted and it doesn't work, then you need to reset the pinch protection. The procedure fro this varies between saloon and convertible.

i dont know, never tried it just wondering. How do i enable it? press the lock or unlock for 2-3 seconds or is there a combination of keys?

Full throttle
    Pinch Protection reset in a saloon....

[attachment=72:Pinch_4_5dr1.png]
    [attachment=73:Pinch_4_5dr2.png]

i ve tried it this afternoon, i hold the unlock and the windows opened so as the roof did. havent figured out how to close it, does it work in the same way by holding lock?

Full throttle
    Opening is not dependent on comfort close. Closing needs the setup.

But you have a convertible. The pinch protection is easier according to the manual, but I've never done a convertible. Here's the instructions for setting up a convertible.

[attachment=75:CV_pinch_procedure.png]

so opening the windows and hood with key is available in all cv? how does the closing work? what do i press?

I did the above this morning, windows went up and down twice and then heard the beep

Full throttle
    The auto closing should happen if you press and hold the lock button on the key after you have left the car.

On our saloon, this just closes the windows and folds the mirrors. It would also shut the sunroof if we had one.

Press and hold the unlock button on the key to open everything.

Saab Junior
    The 9-3SS has an option called "comfort close". If you have the option fitted then you can do a one-touch open and close. Otherwise you only get one-touch open.

If you think you have the option fitted and it doesn't work, then you need to reset the pinch protection. The procedure fro this varies between saloon and convertible.[/b]

Saab tell me that the comfort close option cars have a different type of window switch and relay. You need to have a specific switch type before it can be activated.

The one-touch close requires different motors and different switches fitted.
    Otherwise you get only the (basic) one-touch open.

Re: Saab 9-3SS TechII programming options

Could something like getting the infotainment to read "Ready for Takeoff" or something like that instead of System Check Ok... when you start up the vehicle????? Could this be altered in techII?

Re: Saab 9-3SS TechII programming options

Quote Originally Posted by Broczilla View Post
    Could something like getting the infotainment to read "Ready for Takeoff" or something like that instead of System Check Ok... when you start up the vehicle????? Could this be altered in techII?
    Welcome to SS..

fraid not,that sort of option was only for the turbo X

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast