Deals on Hirsch kit?

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Deals on Hirsch kit?

Saabisti
    Looking for a suspension upgrade for my 9/5 Aero estate - anyone know of any current offers or deals?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Full throttle
    Nothing official, but it seems that the dealer is free to negotiate. He is charged a fixed price for the kit by Saab HQ. He has a margin and the fitting cost play with. I e-mailed the local tranche of dealers for a price and went with the cheapest bidder.

I would recommend that you telephone dealers. Telephone is seen by some as more serious than email. It is easy for someone to fire off an email to many suppliers and those round robin emails may be ignored by some - especially if they think you are just fishing for the cheapest price.

Full throttle
    I wasn't fishing. I said that I wanted their cheapest price. But I also said that I would accept that price and not negotiate further.

This sort of thing is my day job. I hate people who go for a tender and then try to negotiate down from there. It's a sure way of getting a high price rather than a low price. If you know you'll be given a second chance, you won't try too hard first time, will you?

My advice speaking generally, not about you specifically. I meant it for others suggesting that better results might be had from telephoning dealers.

Of course, we can debate the merits of email and the fact that some businesses may choose to place less priority on email compared to phone calls, but that is a different issue.

In this modern world of email all I am saying is don't forget the telephone!

Saabisti
    Best so far is £1000 fitted or £850 supply only.
    Good deal?
    Worth the extra dosh to get it fitted?
    I have the tools and experience to do the work but working on muddy/rusty suspension isn't my favourite pastime...

Russ

Good deal?
    Worth the extra dosh to get it fitted?
    I have the tools and experience to do the work but working on muddy/rusty suspension isn't my favourite pastime...

Russ[/b]

YES !! Had mine done and it handles like a dream. Boot it in the corners and the car hunkers down and grabs the road. It is far to good in the corners for a big estate.
    Got my kit for £750 and paid £150 +VAT for fitting. Next time I would get it done at a dealer for the warranty peace of mind and get them to throw in an oil change.

Super Moderator
    RussJ,

Have you thought about some of the other makes out there. Abbott are offerring a Bilstein set for £689 for 30mm lowered springs and shocks and ElkParts do a similar Eiback kit for £649.59

You might want to fit some poly at the same time but that's only a few quid.

Paul @ Kippen.

Saabisti
    I have looked at alternatives but without trying each out, under identical conditions, its difficult to make comparisons.
    Everything I've read from posters whose opinion I respect, suggests that Hirsch have got the handling/comfort balance spot on, closely followed by Eibach (who make the Hirsch kit).
    One additional plus point for Hirsch is that they don't lower the car quite as much as others. With the [expletive deleted] roads around here and speed bumps etc I'd be a bit concerned that I'm risking my new 3" Abbott exhaust...
    I'm planning on keeping the car so can write off the extra cost over some years.

Full throttle
    My "best deal" was aided by getting other bits done at the same time.

I've got the 3" Abbott exhaust and Eibach Pro kit on my estate, and haven't had any issues with ground clearnce, even when loaded and travelling semi-off road.

and travelling semi-off road.[/b]
    Pavements are for pedestrians!

Good deal?
    Worth the extra dosh to get it fitted?[/b]
    If that's £1000 fitted plus VAT, then that's a tad cheaper than I was able to get by phoning around for my Hirsch suspension...

And definately worth it at £150 for fitting at Saab dealer rates.....

Some dealers sell these via car parts connexion. Quite often they have excess stock and sell off cheaply.

If you google this, the site address should come up. You also have the option of sending a request to all dealers from the site

16. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements