CROFT - Logistics & timing

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: CROFT - Logistics & timing

Turbo Talker

CROFT - Logistics & timing

Confirmation of start time etc:

Paddock available for TD06 Entrants: 18:00 on Saturday

Registration for TD06: 08:00 on Sunday

Drivers' Briefing: 08:30

First session on track: 09:00

Final session ends: 17:00

Paddock to be cleared by: 18:00 - basically they need to allow entrants for Monday's event to arrive from 6pm.

Post Trackday drinks at the Chequers: 18:00 to 19:00

All drivers MUST attend the Drivers' Briefing so please ensure you arrive in plenty of time.

Helmets

As published previously the hire of crash helmets is included in the cost of the trackday if you do not have your own.
    Any lost or damaged helmets will need to be paid for by the hirer.

Clothing

Please remember that although we have a gloriously warm & sunny climate here in North Yorkshire, which may come as a surprise to those of you travelling from afar , that you MUST wear covered arms & legs while on track. Long sleeved tops and long trousers please for all drivers and passengers. Non-passenger spectators' dress code is free...

Also remember to wear suitable shoes for driving. Those 6" stillettoes you're partial to might not help you out there

Car preparation

There are more detailed suggestions posted already so please take the time to study these, however the basics you should remember are:

No loose items inside the car - empty all door pockets etc and clear your boot.

No hand-held cameras, cameras only allowed if fixed securely inside the car.

Check your tyre pressures & fluids, tread depth & brake wear.

Remember to fill up with fuel! (see below)

100dBA noise limit

MoTs are not required unless you drive your car to the circuit but your car must not have anything obviously unsafe. There is no formal scrutineering, only a noise test, but if the marshals or the Chief Instructor acting as Clerk of the Course deem your car to be unsafe you will be black-flagged.

Fuel

There is Optimax available on the A167 into Northallerton, about 10 miles south of the circuit. I've not been able to check around Darlington, but there is bound to be Optimax or other SUL available there too. If I find any more info I will post it here. Scotch Corner services probably won't be the cheapest fuel around but it will be a convenient stop for many.

On-circuit behaviour

The Chief Instructor at Croft will brief you on the specifics, but for the novices attending there are a few rules to bear in mind beforehand - to help your state of mind.

1. You are NOT racing. There are strict rules regarding overtaking that must be strictly adhered to, for both the overtaker and the overtakee. We all get an adrenalin rush out there (that IS the point!) but be sensible.

2. Anyone playing silly bu99ers WILL be black-flagged and may not be allowed back on track. We're all here to have fun, so remember to enjoy yourself but not at anyone else's expense.

3. Drive at your own pace. There are no glory points for over-cooking it or going straight out and running on the ragged edge. Build up your pace gradually as you learn the circuit and gain confidence in yourself and your car.

4. Take advantage of the free tuition available courtesy of Bond Street Select. These are professional racing drivers who will be there to help us all get the most out of the day. I'm certainly going to!

Above all - enjoy yourselves, safely, and aim to take the car home with you in one piece

I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday, please come along and introduce yourselves to me and the other SSc & UKS staffers who are attending. That is the other point of the day - to meet each other in real life and make new friends/renew old friendships.

Have fun!
    Al

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: CROFT - Logistics & timing

[ QUOTE ]

Fuel

There is Optimax available on the A167 into Northallerton, about 10 miles south of the circuit. I've not been able to check around Darlington, but there is bound to be Optimax or other SUL available there too. If I find any more info I will post it here. Scotch Corner services probably won't be the cheapest fuel around but it will be a convenient stop for many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to be rude by jumping in Al, I was just about to ask about the times!

As quoted above for the fuel, if you are not already registered or are a member, log on to www.petrolprices.com and enter the postcode of 'DL2 2PN'. Hopefully this way a cheap station can be found, hopefully saving some £££.

At present it seems unleaded is 93.9p to 94.9p, super-unleaded is 100.9p to 104.9p and those with donkey diesels is 95.9p to 97.9p. These are all within a 10 mile radius of the track.

Hope this helps

Turbo Talker

cheers Scott.

A small change to the timings - seems Croft can't start till 9.20 on Sundays.

Paddock available for TD06 Entrants: 18:00 on Saturday

Registration for TD06: 08:00 on Sunday

Drivers' Briefing: 08:50

First pace car session on track: 09:20

Final session ends: 17:00

Paddock to be cleared by: 18:00 - basically they need to allow entrants for Monday's event to arrive from 6pm.

Post Trackday drinks at the Chequers: 18:00 to 19:00

Each of the 3 groups will get a few pace car laps before their first session then get chance for free laps for the rest of their first session.

Wastegate

For those coming up the A1, Garforth could well be the last Tesco's SUL 99 Ron petrol station available, about 45 miles from croft.

Andrew.

Turbo Talker

Yes you're right Andrew, Garforth or either of the two Tescos in York if you are heading that far East on your way/if coming from the ferry at Hull...

Have just checked the Shell site and it seems that Optimax is available at Scotch Corner, 2 stations in Darlington and the one in Northallerton I'd mentioned previously.

IMPORTANT: Driving Licences

To quote the Croft Circuit website:

[ QUOTE ]
    On the Day :

All drivers must sign a declaration/signing-on form and must present for inspection a full current driving licence. A mandatory briefing will then take place where all drivers must attend. Breaking of the rules set out in the briefing may result in exclusion from the track.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest that if you carry a photocard licence that you bring the paper section of your licence as well, your photocard will not tell them if you're disqualified from driving!

Saab Nut

There is also a Shell station on the A67 roundabout at Yarm, to the east of Croft. Lovely road too

9. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements