Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-18 of 287 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I am having problems with a leak on my 9.3. I have just replaced one of the heater hoses after seeing a leak. Everything i have put back on is dry. So i top it all up... squeeze the hoses to help get any trapped air out of the system... then drive for circa 3 to 4 miles and the coolant warning...
  2. New Member Introductions.
    I am having problems with a leak on my 9.3. I have just replaced one of the heater hoses after seeing a leak. Everything i have put back on is dry. So i top it all up... squeeze the hoses to help get any trapped air out of the system... then drive for circa 3 to 4 miles and the coolant...
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Have a small coolant leak (needs topping up about very 4000 miles) Seems to be coming from rear of engine but very difficult to see exactly where The engine block behind the starter is damp with coolant Anyone have experience of this? Inlet manifold or oil cooler ? Ive checked the EGR cooler...
  4. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Hey all, new to this site, on a few other ones. recently got a 90 spg with some work done to it, my problem is that the differential gasket is leaking, or from that area is leaking... a good amount, I added uv fluid to find the leak with black light, a little is coming from the shift shaft...
  5. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Folks, I need some urgent help. I had a water leak this morning in rush hour, steam coming out from the bonnet (gearbox side). Coolant had spilt from somewhere all over the gearbox casing and bulkhead. For the life of me I could not see where it was coming from. Checked the top hose for splits...
  6. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Did an oil change a few weeks ago, and the car has been pretty static since then. Finally got around to refitting the off side wheel arch trim that I repainted and noticed oil all down the subframe, collecting at the sump plug, and the lower ball joint. oh [expletive deleted]! Looked like quite...
  7. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi was driving along the other day and heard a little ding and felt something in my gear stick, then when i got home i noticed i had quite a fast oil leak which seemed to be coming from the back of the gear box. any ideas? is it f**ked or can it be fixed? help please.
  8. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    hi, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with steering leaks on a 2005 1.9TiD 93? Any common places for the rack or unit to leak from? And what are the usual fix's? have to check car thats leaking p,s fluid at the weekend. Thanks,
  9. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Just had a look around my engine to check for any oil leaks after my recent sump drop and noticed this: Took the pipe off the throttle body and... ..seal is obviously no good. Somebody who was fiddling with this before did not care about the correct posistioning of this seal. But the...
  10. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Had several hours of panic last week while driving along M25 in Surrey on our way from Dover to Wales. Got the "low coolant level" warning on the display, stopped at the nearest service area and my heart sank when I saw that the expansion tank was almost empty. Checked the oil level and it was...
  11. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi, I have just the brake warning light come on and now my 1998 9-5 2.0t (145k) is leaking fluid from the gearbox area all over the drive. I suspect the fluid to be hydraulic fluid from the brake system leaking from the slave cylinder in the clutch. Does anyone have any knowledge which may...
  12. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hello all, New member and first time poster. Just brought a '98 93 2.3l manual as a runabout for my wife while we restore her beetle. Seems to be a cracking car for what we paid for it, with the potential to make a bit of money once a few bits have been sorted out. The gearbox moves under...
  13. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    The carlsson has developed an oil leak - which is not good news. Even worse news is that i am in London working It is coming down the back of the engine and is fairly major, it is engine oil and not another type of oil so here is my question On a 1990 B202 engine, is there the dreaded oil...
  14. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    hello all, i got a bit of an oil leak, seems to be comming from the rear of the engine, does anyone know of any likely places it might be comming from, i have cleaned the timing cover end to see if the crankshaft seal had gone but that side has stayed clean, but the oil seems to come down the...
  15. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Help or hints wanted please. Car is a 57 plate 08 model 1.9 TiD 150. Noticed over the last couple of days that I have a small puddle of water (egg cup full) under the car (clear so don't think it's coolant). There is no apparent drop in water levels in the engine bay.Had a shifty around and...
  16. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi guy's, New to this forum, forgive me if this question has been posted or answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I have an Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible (04 plate). The hood is starting to drip a green oil onto my driver side rear seat, thus staining the interior. I'm guessing it's...
  17. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    '02 Aero auto, 80k miles. Got the 'Fill coolant' bong this morning, added half a litre; driven home this evening and got the bong again, topped up about the same but was able to see water dripping off the undertray and onto the driveway. Quick poke around with the torch reveals some liquid...
  18. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Morning all, Medium-term lurker and first-time questioner here :) I'm ready to make my first venture in the world of Saab by purchasing a 9-5. I've not had chance to view it yet, but the seller has told me about a couple of problems, that I'd be obliged if anyone here could tell me about, in...
1-18 of 287 Results