Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 131 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I found a 2007 saab 9-3aero(2.8 v6) for $2000usd with 200k miles. Is this too high of mileage and will it just become a money pit? I’ve seen posts about these burning coilpacks, overheating etc. I can do the maintenance my self. Is there anything to worry about other than that especially with...
  2. Part number requests
    Hi, does anyone know the part number for a 2001 Saab 9-3 converible boot lock - the bit the key fits, not the other one. I've been told by a few places that the Vauxhall Vectra may have used the same part and they're probably easier to get than the saab bits.Thanks in advance.
  3. Current model range, FOR SALE and WANTED
    The time has come for me to finally sell my Saab convertible after 14 years and 160,000 miles. It's been a wonderful car but now it needs some basic repairs or needs to be parted out. THE GOOD: The car's exterior is in mint condition without a speck of rust on any body panel. The interior is...
  4. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hey everybody! I’m in the process of retrofitting an NG 9-5 wheel into my NG 9-3. I have a good amount of it figured out, including the positions of resistors on the NG 9-5 wheel. I am struggling to decipher which resistors belong to which buttons on an NG 9-3 circuit board though. Is there...
  5. New Member Introductions.
    Hey everyone! I’ve finally decided to make a Saabscene profile after lurking for the longest time. Many may already know me from Facebook groups like Saabs of New England. I have a 2006 9-3 2.0T in Chili Red that I’ve made manyyyy modifications to. I also have a gloss black 2009 9-3 2.0T as a...
  6. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    This is a scary one. Our car has a mind of its own. When we park the car and walk away the door locks activate, the windows go down and the soft top goes down. This happens every time I remove the key from the console. Sometimes it takes a little longer. We will go inside and come back out later...
  7. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    I managed to get more parts for my build, that's why I'm offering the BlueSaab v6.1 module for sale. I also got the original connectors, so I'll add a set with a brand new CDC cable, just Plug&Play...literally without the need for programming with Tech2. I can upload the latest firmware v6.1.1...
  8. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Hi All, I just bought a 2009 9-3 sedan 1.9TiD recently with auxiliary/parking heater. The heater automatically starts when it's cold but even after an hour of driving when the the engine is already warm enough the heater is still on and heating. Have anybody had the same issue or have any...
  9. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Conv/Combi/TurboX/AWD (2003+)
    I have this car and a fault with the DPF reported as full and performance mean to be affected No discernable performance or economy drop, but I think one sensor is faulty on the DPF. from a prior check a guy did for me, but not sure which one of 2 ? sensors Can anyone suggest which of the 2...
  10. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have recently installed LED bulbs into my headlights and the work absolutely fine. However, my 2007 9-3 Convertible is convinced they don't work and keeps giving me a failure message. Any tips out there? Thank you!!
  11. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    9-3 convertible my2000 B204E 5-speed T5 with t7 apc Seems there is no fuel getting to plugs, and my obd2 dongles don't want to conect either, have tried both which previously connected via Torque Pro no probs. On the engine loom that goes into the passanger compartment, under dash. There is a...
  12. New Member Introductions.
    Hi there SAAB Fanatics, Bought a 2002 SAAB 9-3 Convertibubble with 146,000 miles on the clock July last year for a mere £800. An absolute bargain I thought. Oh how wrong was I. Since that glorious day, I've been fortunate enough to have had numerous occasions where I've thrown bucket-loads of...
  13. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi All - I sold my 9-3 a few years ago. While I really miss the car, I am finally getting around to selling these front and rear Aero seats. Seats function as intended. They are in very good condition, and need only a good cleaning/conditioning. Asking $200 OBO. Seats are located in...
  14. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Recently I picked up my second 9-3 aero SportiCombi after a lovely failure of the Automatic Transmission in the one I already had. One thing I noticed immediately in comparison to the same year same trim same model 9-3 was that the steering was very stiff in comparison. I cant think of what it...
  15. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have the full kit with all the wires and fibre optic cables. I am needing help understanding how to connect the fibre optics so that it forms a loop. The instructions supplied with the original kit are not very clear. Here's what I did: I removed the left rear side panel to expose the...
  16. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Conv/Combi/TurboX/AWD (2003+)
    I have just bought my first Saab 2008 Aero 1.9 Diesel. I don't have the Satnav edition and don't have the 7-speaker set up. However it seems that the previous owner has blown both the speakers in the door as I can't seem to have any bass on them without them sounding awful. I have been trying...
  17. General Saab Discussions
    Hey fellow Saab lovers, I have a question as me and my mechanic are completely stumped as to what is wrong with my 2011 9-3 linear Biopower...Last week had my thermostat replaced as it was stuck open, engine light was on...coolant was gushing out the expansion tank and all over the ground, once...
  18. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Im new to this site but perhaps someone can tell me what my next step is: I had a blower motor issue a month ago, it suddenly was stuck on "high" speed, even when car was turned off. I pulled the fuse, found many forums explaining this was likely the resistor being bad. So this week I bought a...
  19. Current model range, FOR SALE and WANTED
    * * * SOLD * * * Our much loved Saab 9-3 Aero Sportwagon is for sale. 2006 (56). Private sale. Fusion Blue with Ivory full leather interior. 124k miles. New MOT. Electric windows and mirrors. Auto dipping interior rear view mirror. Heated rear screen. HID Headlamps with power wash. Auto lights...
  20. Current model range, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi, I have a few items left from my 9-3 Vector 2003 that I sold 5 years ago. They aren't doing much good sitting here so, they are: Refurbished Original Saab ALU45 Vector wheel. Used 1000 miles only with one slight scrape about 1cm long on rim.Was given a brand-new wheel soon...
1-20 of 131 Results