Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 132 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hello All, This is my posting and looking forward to your comments - fixing this issue. As I stated in the title, I'm having issues starting my 9-3 first start of the day when it's cold outside. Once she has been started, she fires right up throughout the day. During the summer I have no...
  2. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi guys i have got myself an Abbott Racing ECU upgrade. Now the tech guy their said he had prorammed the ECU with what he thinks may be my immobiliser code but can't be sure cos the software was too corrupt to read it. The current ECU in the car starts it (eventually after many starting...
  3. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    My 2002 3.0 TID does not want to start in cold weather, when I mean cold I mean southern cold i.e. a bit of frost. I would expect the glow plug light to come on (as per other GM diesels)but it does not, no check engine message either. Can any other owners who live up in the frozen north tell...
  4. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    On the same stop start journey in the rush hour, about 8 miles, I have stopped in the same shopping centre for about 25 minutes. On the two most recent trips my 9-5 2.3 (1999) was reluctant to start. It turned over, fired and stalled repeatedly. Each time I got it going by touching the...
  5. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Wife fetches #1 daughter from swimming - no problem, switches off Wanted to go to pub, car won't start at all. Runs on using Aero-start, therefore spark, fuel pump appears to work- I can hear it. Car doesn't want to know. Interview tomorrow
  6. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I just bought a Saab 9-3 SE 2.0 lpt (2000). After 100 miles only (50k on the clock) Head gasket blown. loose head bold in cly 4. Fixed that Now i can not get the car ro start and run correctly. When it starts there is white smoke... Adjusted the timeing, set them up with in inside marks -...
  7. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    13-ML-31582593-ML- Move to Classic 9-3/900 Forum
  8. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    My 93 2.0 lpt (year 2000, 80K miles, with Abbott ECU mod) has just started to stall while idling shortly after starting from cold (1st thing in morning and end of day at work), and is also hesitant when accelerating, but is fine after a few hundred metres. No other problems. Started doing this...
  9. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Last Friday, and again this afternoon, the car (2000/X 2.0t 99k) has refused to start, both times around an hour after a trip at normal operating temp. The starter motor is turning fine but no attempt to catch. Both times I have had to use another car, and on return another hour later, the 9-5...
  10. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I am sure I read a thread about this before ? I have a 9-3 with the 2.2. Three times now it has been very slow to start when cold. You crank the engine over ( It spins fast enough ) for 1-2 minutes it coughs and tries to start on one or two pots. You try again and it does the same. So far on the...
  11. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I am sure I read a thread about this before ? I have a 9-3 with the 2.2. Three times now it has been very slow to start when cold. You crank the engine over ( It spins fast enough ) for 1-2 minutes it coughs and tries to start on one or two pots. You try again and it does the same. So far on the...
  12. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    98 MY 9-5 SE. Stopped on side of A303 Yeovil RAC diagnose fuel pump failure and trailered 200 miles home, great service. At home turned engine over and nothing , sounded like no fuel. Floor accelerator and engine starts, roughly then emits blue smoke, smells like very rich petrol out of back...
  13. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    In his columns in Sunday's Telegraph, HonestJohn advocates this in the following terms: "There are two reasons for dipping the clutch: it stops the starter motor having to turn over the transmission as well as the engine and prevents you lurching accidentally forwards (or backwards) if the car...
  14. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Came back off my hols and the 9-3 TiD was left in my garage for about 2 weeks. It wouldn't fire up upon return- it was low on fuel and I could hear hissing from the schraeder valve at the front of the engine. Garage came and towed her away and reported injector seals gone - expensive job, but...
  15. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    help !!! I have just fimished my 900 16v project and i must say it goes well, although it certainly does not feel like 200bhp, however after having all the fueling set up and having it properly tuned it wont start when hot, I have to wait some 30-45 mins before it starts, I have fitted...
  16. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    My mate asked me to put this one to you guys before he spends his money at a dealer's service. He's refurbishing a damaged MY03 2.2TiD which was in a fairly minor front end collision. He's straightened out the chassis legs and replaced the damaged panels and lights. He's replaced the...
  17. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can anyone help. The car turns over fine enough but wont start. It seems that if you try turning it over a few times then leave it for a couple of minutes, then try again it starts, but not everytime. Has new correct NKG plugs, replaced DCI Cart, brand new battery
  18. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can anyone help. The car turns over fine enough but wont start. It seems that if you try turning it over a few times then leave it for a couple of minutes, then try again it starts, but not everytime. Has new correct NKG plugs, replaced DCI Cart, brand new battery
  19. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can anyone help. The car turns over fine enough but wont start. It seems that if you try turning it over a few times then leave it for a couple of minutes, then try again it starts, but not everytime. Has new correct NKG plugs, replaced DCI Cart, brand new battery, although I suspect this...
  20. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can anyone help. The car turns over fine enough but wont start. It seems that if you try turning it over a few times then leave it for a couple of minutes, then try again it starts, but not everytime. Has new correct NKG plugs, replaced DCI Cart, brand new battery, although I suspect this...
1-20 of 132 Results