Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2004 9-3 Audio upgrade to 6-disc CD

11K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  LakeBobSaab 
#1 ·
My 2004 9-3 currently has a single disc cd-changer. I have a 6-disc changer successfully divorced from a like 2004 9-3. I've heard a software upgrade via the Tech II is needed to ensure my current radio / audio recognizes the 6-disc changer so it functions correctly. Someone else said to just marry the 6-disc changer to my current radio / audio and it will work. I want to confirm what I need to do to swap the 6-disc into my car. Thank you!

#2 ·
Hello..you can install the Entertainment Head Unit - EHU and marry it with TECH2 to your car...you will be required Security Access..if you have TIS2000 or TISWeb..that would be piece of cake!..the Radio should work fine afterwards. The piece that CAN NOT be removed is the RADIO Display - ICM Module..that one is the hub where I-Bus and O-Bus concur without it the car would be immobilized. Hope this is of help to your project...regards.

#3 ·
Thank you. I have successfully installed the 6-disc changer into my car. All works from a mechanical and system display standpoint (visual displays on the radio screen and SID). However, the audio does not play. The unit is working and reading the disc and you can see it transition from one track to the next as each song ends. I can change discs; random play a disc and all steering wheel functions work.

Can anyone help me with a possible solution? Is the 6-disc change wiring harness to provide audio different than the wiring harness of the original single disc changer? When I return the single disc changer to the car all functions, including audio. Note: the single disc eject function does not work and I cannot eject the disc in the unit. The 6-disc changer all works except audio.

Thanks for any solutions! Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.