Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2005 93 arc odometer issue

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tones9-3 
#1 ·
Just had my 2005 93 arc worked on for the brake booster vacuum hose and had the power steering fluid flushed. They finished it in the morning and let it sit until the afternoon. They went to start it up and the battery was dead. Charged the battery and started the car. The odometer was at 00000 and the vehicle was running rough. Can't figure out what's going on. The speedometer before it went in for the vacuum hose would work in the morning and not in the afternoon.
Ordered a new brake booster vacuum hose.
Don't know if the instrument cluster went bad.
Car still runs rough at idle but smooths out when the accelerator was depressed.
The car ran fine for the test drive before the battery was found dead.

#2 ·
Hello Trgan 02 sounds like they spiked the battery either by jump starting off a power pack , spiking the electrical system .have you been back to raise the issue with the workshop ? That would be my first port of call .

#3 ·
My first reaction is as lizzard-t suggests. If the battery was "dead" they will not have "charged" the battery correctly, & they WILL have jump started it. Ergo/therefore most of the probs will be because of this. These days most will be totally aware of how to do it correctly. Some still don't !
I next thing, the odo is probably a separate thing.
My 2nd reaction is vacuum leak. Not "necessarily" the brake hoses, but there is an awful lot of other things around it. Accelerator at revs more vacuum to compensate, less at idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.