Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9-3 Facelift drivers door handle not working

12K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Tones9-3 
#1 ·
I went out to take my wife to work today and could not open the drivers door with the handle, feel as possible something has broken off or worn out preventing the handle from pushing the latch over.

Anyone had experiance of this?

#5 ·
I have spoken to Willie at Perth Saab, and he advised me that it would be the retainer 12780126 that has failed, as Perth Saab are a reputable Saab dealer with years of experiance I have ordered the part (new) from them. He stated that a pin in the retainer can shear off due to wear.

#6 ·
Having now fitted the new part to my door, I found the failure was due to the pin (Ringed in Black) had moved out to the right in the photo allowing the oin to disengage with the lever pivot (Ringed in Yellow), in actual fact I repaired it in less than 30 seconds. But for some certainty I fitgted the new part.

Just a heads up in case anyone else has the same issue. The removal and fitting of this item is not a complex a task that Saab WIS has you think, at least on the right hand door, WIS does state drivers door which I think they are refering to left hand dirve cars, mine is RHD.

Electronics Auto part

#7 ·
Having now fitted the new part to my door, I found the failure was due to the pin (Ringed in Black) had moved out to the right in the photo allowing the oin to disengage with the lever pivot (Ringed in Yellow), in actual fact I repaired it in less than 30 seconds. But for some certainty I fitgted the new part.

Just a heads up in case anyone else has the same issue. The removal and fitting of this item is not a complex a task that Saab WIS has you think, at least on the right hand door, WIS does state drivers door which I think they are refering to left hand dirve cars, mine is RHD.

View attachment 50732

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.