Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

electric window not working

71K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  aerojon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Saab 9-3 vector 54-reg, and the driver's side window has stopped working. (thankfully in the closed position)
When I operate any other window, I can hear a click and can see the headlights dim very slightly but on the driver's side, it does not make any difference even if I try the up position. I suspect the switch or wiring between the door and pillar but I thought it's worth asking to see if there is a common fault.
I hope someone can help
Thanks

#4 ·
I have the electric window problem in my car too. The passenger window won't go up or down from either switch, there's no click or dimming of lights and the speaker doesn't work in passenger door. I've checked all fuses mentioned in this forum for this problem and they're all OK. Also checked the contacts in the door, these are clean and fit well. Car is an 04 2.2TiD, any ideas?

#8 · (Edited)
Elec window problem!

2009 ttid estate.

Drivers side window stopped working today. No previous issues really however I have had pinch protection on same window, could still be overridden and was reset at saab garage some time ago.

All other windows work from drivers side control. All switches illuminate. I've disconnected to reset without success. Wiring in hinge section is ok. Can still hear a clicking when pressed.

Is there anything you lot could recommend I could try?
Is it likely to be the motor?
I assume it wouldn't be a fuse if its still clocking when pressed?
If its a motor could I do it myself?
How do I get the door trim pannel off?

Any help appreciated!

Edit. Next post = post #100, do I get a prize?:D

#9 ·
does the leccy mirror still work?

If not then likely one of the connector blocks in the door handle area has come apart - its a common fault. I have posted vids of how to remove the door cards in the how too section, it literally takes 2 mins to do. there are beige and a black multi pin connectors it will be obvious if one or both have parted, i used a spot of nail varnish (not my own obviously) to fix them together to prevent this from happening again. drivers door a common one as it is regularly opened and shut and the connections eventually come apart though vibration.

#13 ·
Update,

I fixed my window using the above vid, very helpfull it was.

For some reason,I took it all apart, tried the new motor and the old motor, both worked.

Put it ack together with the old motor and it works perfectly... God knows what was wrong?

Gonna try to get a refund on the spare motor but if anyone needs one they can have it for wha I paid.

#14 ·
Hey there, reopening this thread. Passenger side front window not working, Stuck closed thankfully. Tried unplugging door hinge connector and disconnecting battery, no luck. There is a wee click on pressing the button. DOES THIS mean the motor has gone? I'd appreciate any advice before I tear it all apart ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.