Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Clip holding wastegate arm to actuator - size anyo

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  tobyfield 
#1 ·
Amongst the various other bits of car-related angst I've had recently, the wastegate arm and the solenoid rod have parted company on my 1994 2.3t. Couple of questions - firstly, is it an ordinary circlip, and secondly, if so, what size? Is there a part number or standard source of these? TIA.

#2 ·
Re: Clip holding wastegate arm to actuator - size

I used a plain R clip from an axle stand to get me back to turbo power - that was 18 months ago! I have a handful of different sized nice stainless R clips waiting to go on but you know how it is.. when it's working fine it's hard to get motivated to grovel around underneath.

#3 ·
while changing actuator on my turbo the clip went aswell. to no avail tried to get hold of a spare, instead installed a copper wire (insulation stripped) putting it through the hole on wastgate pin (2mm below the clip groove). Worked allright since.

#8 ·
Re: Clip holding wastegate arm to actuator

OK, no rain, just dry and cold, so now fitted! Some of you guys must have smaller hands than me, I found it a right b*gger getting my hands in to get the wastegate connected and the R clip inserted. Thought about asking SWMBO with her delicate little hands but decided against it.

Hopefully that's it for the lifetime of the car....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.