95 Aero Sports Wagon
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 95 Aero Sports Wagon

Saab Newbie

95 Aero Sports Wagon

Hi Peeps, just thinking about chopping my 00 95 Aero for an 03 95 Aero Sports Wagon...it has the autobox with Sentronic.

Anyone got any views on how good or bad this gizmo is.....I have always been told to stay clear ?.

Your opinions will be much appreciated on the Sentronic stuff and in general about the Sports Wagon.

Cheers

AEROnaught

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Full throttle

Re: 95 Aero Sports Wagon

I have an auto 02 Aero without sentronic. I had a brief drive of a sentronic and I would say that it's OK for replacing the "hold in low gear" options on the older floor change. But if you want to use it as a clutchless manual, I think you will be disappointed.

My wife has the 9-3SS auto with the "+" and "-" manual change option. It's only used to hold a low gear when pulling out of junctions quickly when, left to its own devices, the gearbox will think about which gear to be in before shifting - giving you a heartstopping half a second (seems like a minute) delay before setting off.

These days the auto boxes are pretty good in changing gears better than you can - apart from the quick starts.

The 9-3SS uses the manual option to speed up the throttle action as does the "S" button in the older 9-5. Does the 9-5 sentronic has an "S" button or will you need to change to "M" on the stick?

I've got a MY04 Aero saloon with Sentronic. To be brutally honest, it's OK to play with as an amusing toy, but then I leave the thing in D and if needing a bit extra I find it's easier to just press the 'silly' button.....

I would prefer a gear lever operated sequential type manual shift option rather than the fiddly flippers on the steering wheel......but would probably still find I'd leave the thing in D for 98% of the time. But then again, I spend 90% of my driving within the M25, and maybe if I did a lot more driving away from town I'd be more inclined to use the flippers.......

Think that you will like the "mk 2" Aero's improvements(ride, handling & ) The wagons also depreciate less & generally are better spec'ed than the saloon.

M.

6. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread