2000 Aero wagon
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Aero wagon

Saab Nut

2000 Aero wagon

Is there an online resource for checking the specs for this car, a 2000 Aero wagon (in Ireland). It looks like the dealer may be getting one in shortly and I have first refusal on trading my 99 2.0SE against it.

Downside (depending on trade in deal) is the insurance will go up from about 1500 euros to 2150!!

Still, to lose this oppurtunity would be a pity, but it will come down to the deal.....

Regards

DaveJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti

Re: 2000 Aero wagon

That seems a bit steep of an increase in insurance, when I traded in my 99 2.3lpt for a 2000 Aero it went from around 670 to 770.

Full throttle

My increase going from a 2.3SE to an Aero was a little more than maxi, but not much more.

If 1500 eur was the 2.3 then the Aero should be around 1750 eur maximum if the same proportion is used.

I went from a Nissan Primera GT to a Saab Aero and it went down . I recon I had been getting fleeced by Direct Line of my Nissan for years
    I pay 420 approx for an MY01 Aero (no mods) through Endsleigh.

Saabisti

2 years ago I decided to put my Fiancee as a second driver onto my insurance and it actually went down rather than up!!!!

It might be work giving your company a phone and try it out.

Originally posted by maxi:
    [qb]2 years ago I decided to put my Fiancee as a second driver onto my insurance and it actually went down rather than up!!!![/qb][/b]
    Putting partner / spouse on the insurance always lowers the quote in my experience. I've never really understood why. Stats showing this group drives more responsibly perhaps?

Saab Nut

Back to the first part of my post, any idea where I can get infor on the standard spec for a 2000 aero wagon?

Regards

DaveJ

Full throttle

I've not seen anything online. Saab don't seem to archive their stuff.

I believe that the early Aeros were pretty basic. A sort of upmarket stripped out special - AS1 radio, plastic dashboard, flat velour seats etc. A bit BMW really - everything you needed was an option. (Still is I suppose )

Originally posted by sgould:
    [qb]I believe that the early Aeros were pretty basic. *A sort of upmarket stripped out special - AS1 radio, plastic dashboard, flat velour seats etc. * [/qb][/b]
    Pretty sure all pre-facelift Aero's had leather as standard, never seen one with cloth...
    Also pretty sure all Aero's had AS2 as standard.
    Certainley they had the black plastic dash, walnut being an extra cost or dealer fit option.
    Items such as cruise control, electric mem.seats, ventillated seats, park assist, heated seats, electric sunroof etc., were all extra cost options and not standard equipment.
    The wagons though, seemed to be better specced with options than the saloons so you may be in luck.
    Dave, suggest a flick through the Saab-GB used car locator for 2000 Aero's. The items that appear on all the cars should be a good indicator of what is 'standard' spec.

11. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread