No power
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No power

Saab Newbie

No power

Hello everybody,
    I have a 9-3 1.9TID 2006 sport vector estate at 143000 miles. I was travelling back from work (just setting off) about 3 weeks ago when I noticed there was a severe lack of power, struggled accelerating and definately did not like hills. There were no lights on the dashboard until I got past 3000rpm which then threw up engine management light and then went worse ? There was no excessive smoke from the exhaust just normal but there is like excessive booming noise from the exhaust when trying acelerate.
    I got home and diagnosed the fault as P0234 (Turbo overboost condition) cleared the fault which stayed cleared until I got to 3000rpm. I drove like this for a week until I could have better look, Suggestions from friends were made (EGR fault,bunged up fuel filter, leaking air hose, buggered turbo etc) So replaced fuel filter, Cleaned EGR which was clogged and looked best I could for air leak all to no avail still runs poorly and no power.
    Tech II was attached and checked EGR and swirl flaps and all okay, I think the turbo is okay but honestly don't know (Been told if turbo goes the expect lots of smoke from exhaust and there is none.
    Any help greatly appreciated (I'm okay with petrol engines but diesels are a black art)

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Anorak

Re: No power

I would get the car to someone with a Tech2 as you could be chasing a Turbo issue ie failed boost solenoid valve,sticking vnt or diaphragm failed in actuator etc. Generally the Turbos on these cars are pretty good.

You need to monitor the vacuum through the boost solenoid (just behind the rad middle front of the car)
    and check the pipes that run from the vacuum pump (end of camshaft rhs top of engine) through the valve and then down past the heatshield to the actuator.

Get the back pressure measured on the DPF as I would worry about your booming exhaust observation

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread