The DPF question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The DPF question

The DPF question

Hello,
    I've recently bought a 2006 9-5 TID Linear Sport Estate.
    I've had a quick flick through the manual and the spec cert that came with the car, is there any way I can know for certain if there's a DPF without crawling underneath?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado

Re: The DPF question

Honestly, it's really easy, unless you have a back complaint or you genuinely can't lay on a mat on the floor by the side of the vehicle, then you should easily be able to see the DPF underneath the car just forward of the centre silencer. It takes just a few seconds to look. That of course doesn't mean to say that if there is a DPF there, that someone hasn't had the thing gutted and welded up.

I'm sort of guessing here anyway, that because of the year, a DPF won't be fitted????

It may well of been an expensive option , to please the fleet buyers ,
    But as Caddyman says get underneath it will be the first silencer you come across off the manifold / cat .
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Picture for illustrate purpose
    And here's one that's been knocked out to bug*#$y
    image.jpg
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Afficionado

95Wagoner,

Are you closer to discovering whether or not you have a dpf?

Thanks for your help Caddyman and lizzard-t apologies for the late reply, was waiting for the weekend to get the car off the road and underneath it.

My problem is not so much my back (or even my stomach
    ) as the fact I have no idea what I'm looking at. But you inspired me and with the help of a google search I think (hope) I'm DPF free.
    First I followed advice given to me elsewhere and wiped my finger round her pipe. It was thick black. Then I got underneath. I don't think I saw a DPF. The bad news is the exhaust appears to be made entirely from rust!
    I took a quick vid. Will add it here in a bit.

Excellent 95Wagoner..
    That was the advice that was given on the Mercedes forums..
    You are indeed lucky not to have one !

I may have spoken too soon. I had another look today and... basically I really have no idea what I'm looking at.
    Apologies for being a big baby but if someone else could have a look and let me know I'd appreciate it (if you can see past the rust that is)...

Saab Anorak

You can tell quite easily (without going under so to speak)as the DPF pressure sensor is situated near the inlet/outlet pipes for the heater matrix
    on the engine bay firewall.
    Sensor looks like this
    https://www.ukpartsdirect.com/dpf-pr...sensor-80.html

Lives here

Saab Newbie

If any contributors saw AOL news and one of the 'Daily's' last week there was an interesting article on Range Rover DPF's. Allegedly an Indian diplomat in London's West End purchased a new RR Vogue last year for £80K. Mainly the vehicle has only been used in Central London and has been beset with DPF issues.
    By now I would have thought that any issues on the dreaded DPF would have been resolved, clearly not! The diplomat has graffitied his RR and parked it outside the Mayfair RR branch causing them a few issues. Needless to say as it is on diplomatic plates he has left on the double yellow lines (no fine there).
    My 09 TiD (DPF) so far has never given me any issues!

Thanks cjapeterborough ,

It was at the back under the windscreen but I think this is the offending item (I googled the part no.).

CameraZOOM-20170404143739709.jpg

Oh well, looks like I spoke too soon

12. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread