Turn key, Nothing. Replaced Ignition Control Module and it worked once.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turn key, Nothing. Replaced Ignition Control Module and it worked once.

Saab Newbie

Turn key, Nothing. Replaced Ignition Control Module and it worked once.

I'm still trying to bring this '03 9-3 (133k miles, automatic) that I bought at an auction back to life.

I couldn't get it to start until I replaced some relays and fuses near the battery, and then replaced the ICM.

It started and the engine sounded great.

But then a few seconds later, I got the Traction Control Error and the car wouldn't shift out of park. I pushed the yellow tab near the shift lever and the car went into R, then N, then died when I got to D.

Now, when I turn the key, nothing happens (just like when I bought it.) I can get the car to crank by running a wire from the battery to the #80 slot under the yellow relay, but the car won't turn over and run.

Any ideas? It started with the ICM once, then not again.

I really appreciate any knowledge you can send my way. I'd really like to get this car running!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Newbie
    So the car started today by jumping the two slots (30 and 87?) under the ignition relay by the battery.

The engine sounded great and I was able to move the gear selector to R, N, D and back!

I let the car idle for a few minutes and then it just stopped. I wasn't able to get it started again. It would crank but not turn over?

Why would the engine turn itself off? There's plenty of gas. I do have an error message saying the battery isn't charging. I know I need a new alternator.

Please please help!!

Thanks!!

Re: Turn key, Nothing. Replaced Ignition Control Module and it worked once.

Hi

Petrol or diesel?
    worth removing the fuse box and cleaning the conectors on the back, they can gett corroded. i took mine out, used contact cvleaner then some wd 40 , let it dry off then put it back in, takes 30 mins.

If you battery is not fully charged or alrternator packing up it wil generate all sorts of false error messages and then die. very susceptable to slight drops in voltage.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread