Silver 2010 Aero TTiD
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silver 2010 Aero TTiD

Regular Saab Guy

Silver 2010 Aero TTiD

I finally found a car it’s not exactly what I originally wanted but for the money had to have it.

Needs a fair bit of TLC inside and out and a few mechanical bits and bobs its on 110k but it’s had a lot of parts replaced in the last couple of years.

FB_IMG_1485699854074.jpg

Managed to pressure wash the mats, wash the carpets and wipe all the trim down today, when its dry will get on with treating the leather and plastics then on with the body work.
    Needs a lot of machine polishing then will see what parts of the car need painting few bits to touch up, dent on rear arch and scuff on the bumper will give the alloys a refurb too.

Apart from a through detailing I have some window tints to go in the back and it needs an auto dim rear mirror. Why the Aero’s don’t have all the toys is a joke
    I might change the sat nav for an Android head unit at a later date add a rear spoiler and possibly a diffuser.

Mechanicals to do so far (not had a good look yet) Full service, coolant flush, rear disks and pads, change brake fluid and possibly a drive shaft boot has some grease on a rim but maybe it’s been done and not cleaned off as it was MOTd day before I collected it look at the gear linkage as it feels a little tight and the TPMS sensors need changing.
    Will post up some pics as I progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Nut

Re: Silver 2010 Aero TTiD

Tpms sensors, i removed all 4 of mine. Too expensive to replace and not really needed.

Regular Saab Guy

Yeah might do that can feel it if they are low wife wont be using it.
    Do you need Tech 2 to turn it off I have an opcom but havent tried it yet.
    £140 set 4 on ebay

Saab Nut

If you remove all 4 at the same time the cars ecu assumes you have just fitted your winter wheels and doesnt throw any fault codes/dash lights. No tech 2 needed. Do not store the removed sensors anywhere in the car though, they are battery powered and will give a dodgy reading to the reciever still

For your stiff gear change, is the gear stick struggling to go to neutral itself? If so you're going to need this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotiv...box/B00T7NKDLW

My Dad's car has the same issue. A SAAB mechanic has used some grease to help free it up and it has improved a bit but it's no where near as good as on mine, and this will need done on his at some point. I've linked an instructional video below on how to remove and replace the failed/failing part. Hope that's of some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML3kfGvQHa4
    SAAB 93 TTiD Aero MY08
    SAAB 900 Aero S LPT with FPT conversion MY92

Regular Saab Guy

Thanks Kev probably just remove them then.

Kevdo thanks will check it out from memory it returns ok just feels a little tight might get away with grease.

Regular Saab Guy

Got the inside finished today and got her washed off ready for some paint correction.
    After moving it I jumped out with it running and noticed the exhaust blowing. When I had a look the pipe after the DPF was completely off. The clamp had been cut and not replaced. It recently had new Turbos and the DPF cleaned out guess they couldn’t be arsed to change the clamp or just cut the bolt off and replace it as any normal person would,

From a distance she doesn’t look too bad.

IMG_3000.jpg IMG_3003.jpg

Up close is a different matter

IMG_3008.jpg IMG_3012.jpg IMG_3016.jpg IMG_3015.jpg

It has a lot of tar and other contamanents on the paint too
    IMG_3013.jpg

Will try get some done tomorrow if its dry

Regular Saab Guy

Only managed half a day today was -4 this morning
    Got it clayed and machined cut but didn’t get it 100% due to lack of time but it’s a huge improvement. Will touch a couple of scratches/chips in tomorrow will do until I can blow it in later when it’s warmer.
    Still got a few bits to do by hand then will add a polish/sealer and give the alloys a quick polish. (I will paint them later)
    No sun but you get the idea

IMG_3021.jpg IMG_3020.jpg

Looking Good Richfr. I hate those swirl scuffs you only see in sunlight, it really bugs me but i'm too lazy to do anything about it. Actually that's not strictly true, it's more getting the time. Don't have the same time these days that I used to.
    SAAB 93 TTiD Aero MY08
    SAAB 900 Aero S LPT with FPT conversion MY92

Regular Saab Guy

Sorry for the slow updates weather has been crap. Got back side windows tinted but need to do them again got a fog under the film must still have some grease on the glass. Panel wipe on them before i do them again.
    Hopefully get it washed again tomorrow take a few pics.

Want to get back wheels off pressure wash it underneath then change rear discs and pads clean callipers up etc looks a mess through the wheels.

Also have a seal on order for the oil pick up so the sump is coming off along with a load of other bits according to WIS.
    Car has low oil pressure warning on the dash first start up of the day hopefully this will solve that.
    Cheap fix but a lot of work to do it

Got a 2016 Sat Nav DVD on order hopefully it works.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Regular Saab Guy

Crap weather again but got all 4 wheels off and pressure washed under the arches.
    Changed the brake fluid never seen fluid that dark before almost black out of the fronts.

IMG_3027.jpg

Removed the two remaining TPMS from the wheels, not easy to get off had to chop the ends off from the inside with a chisel.

Back on the car and still have the error Does it take some time to go?

Sat Nav DVD arrived and that doesn’t work just get disk read error sending me another.

Tried to remove rear discs and I haven’t got any female torx bits everything on my Peugeot and previous Saabs have been male torx.

Have been sent the wrong rear pads anyway so couldn’t have changed them.

So not a lot done really
    Attached Images
    Last edited by richfr; 02-18-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Comming along nicely .
    Being a nosey what's his face me , what method did you use to change the brake fluid ? . Did you used a hand held sucker , or something of that ilk? Code I'm doing mine soon along with the discs and pads . So any pointers would come in handy . It's years since I've tinkered with a car .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Nut

gunson eezibleed for your brakes, i did mine a while ago and its a good bit of kit.

Tpms error disappeared after less than a mile driving after removing my sensors

Regular Saab Guy

Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Comming along nicely .
    Being a nosey what's his face me , what method did you use to change the brake fluid ? . Did you used a hand held sucker , or something of that ilk? Code I'm doing mine soon along with the discs and pads . So any pointers would come in handy . It's years since I've tinkered with a car .
    I just used 2 man system one holding pressure on the pedal while one opens the nipple. Once foot at the floor tighten then repeat
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Regular Saab Guy

Quote Originally Posted by c2kev View Post
    Tpms error disappeared after less than a mile driving after removing my sensors
    Cheers Kev hopefully it will go off then haven’t been out in the car yet just put it back in the garage
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast