Doubts about new front springs - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doubts about new front springs

Saab Anorak

Re: Doubts about new front springs

Quote Originally Posted by J..M View Post
    I think they should make Saab springs outta diamond or summink ...... They do tend to fracture with annoying regularity........... Or is it just me that drives my car like the General Lee on the Dukes of Hazzard ?
    The last time I heard, you'd fractured your entire car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyman View Post
    The last time I heard, you'd fractured your entire car!
    Cheerys Caddy ...... Love you too !

Quote Originally Posted by c2kev View Post
    These are the springs i removed from my Aero TTiD. Its easy to get the wrong springs for these cars. The shorter spring was the correct part. I guess the longer was from a non sport Tid.

I could feel a attack of angle grinder trimming comming on ....... Cheapskate ? ..... Who moi ?

Saab Anorak

I think the problem with 9-3 coil springs is, once they even get the slightest bit of rust in them, and if you're hitting potholes regularly, they snap, though to be fair I've not experienced a snapped spring.....yet!

I think the problem with 9-3 coil springs is, once they even get the slightest bit of rust in them, and if you're hitting potholes regularly, they snap, though to be fair I've not experienced a snapped spring.....yet!
    In the recent past I've had a Saab Tid & a Vauxhall Vectra CDTI (SRI thing) .... Basically the same car with a different body ..... (Ok given the Vauxhall was cheaper to insure & tax)..... They both snapped springs just for the hell of it ...... And no it ain't me, cos I really really rarely drove the Vauxhall ....... TBH I was intending to replace my saab with a Insignia ...... Till I crashed the Saab ...... Then I thought..... Umm no ..... I'm getting another one of those

Saab Anorak

Yeah, the Vectra isn't really quite 9-3 though is it? I realise the same Epsilon platform is used, but the suspension set up is slightly different I believe. Plus the Vectra in no way looks anywhere near as nice externally or internally as the 9-3 or my Saabillac.

Umm yeah ..... But the Vectra IMO was a lot tighter than the Saab ..... It felt more controlled in the bends etc etc ....... Untill you did a Nigel Mansell in it ....... Then it just used to let go & slide around all over the freakin' place ...... The Saab was deffinately a better car ......... I just think they are too dear tho'....... Yeah I'm tight ...... I know ....... My bad

Saab Anorak

Remember the old MK3 Cortina? It was wise to lay several concrete blocks in the boot just to keep the back end in the right place when cornering at high speed lol!

I had the one before the last one I think .... Gonna have to google this ....... Void Bushes jump to mind

Umm mine was a Mk 5 ..... I never knew I was so posh back in the day ....... Musta looked great in my 20 suit ..... Fake tan .....Dubious Perm & fake rolex

Saab Anorak

I guess it beats wearing a tweed jacket, deer stalker and smoking panatella's from a proper holder thingy.....isn't that what al 9-3 owners look like behind the wheel......?.......

Koff...... Fer...... reverse the words

krjh,

Does this mean that the garage will refund the cost of the springs they fitted? and will they refit the springs 93190596 at no further charge?
    a) Yes b) Yes. No arguments.
    All sorted and back to a front end that will handle corners properly (although I have to admit the softer springs were more comfortable over bumps.) For reference the ride height was about 10mm lower on 93190594 compared to 93190596.

Saab Anorak

Really pleased for you that you got this sorted and the garage were on good form about it.

Cars do look better a little lower, but I'm more than happy with the ride height on mine.

16. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2