p1109 - (9) code what is it?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: p1109 - (9) code what is it?

p1109 - (9) code what is it?

Hi all,

9-5 1.9 2006 Vecta Sport auto.

I slapped the opcom reader on the car today because it has gone into and is repeatedly dropping into limp mode. turn off, reset it start again and she will reve fine. the moment I back off the fuel and go into overrun, it drops into limp.

My gut is telling me I have a blocked DPF. but I would like to post the fault codes here if that is Ok and maybe you can tell me otherwise.

p1109 - ( 9 )
    p1109 - ( 0 )

My op-com unit is telling me it is unknown dtc error on everything so thats not ideal

The software I have is 2010, if anyone can point me in the direction of newer that would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Fan

Re: p1109 - (9) code what is it?

From SAAB WIS
    P1109 Swirl Actuator Incorrect Feedback Signal.

For which code? there are two different codes above one is (9) the other is (0) ?

p1109 is swirl actuator.
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

Is still running Factory oe coils with a tune..

Thanks both
    so I need to sort that out then

Quick update, I have looked and the connection rail to the flaps was wired up (not connected) I opened the flaps to 10 o clock, but no joy.

Got my daughter to get in and rev the car, number 3 is not moving at all when revving.

Should I assume then that either the actuator has gone, or the connection rod from the actuator to the flap has come away or similar?

Any further advice appreciated.

Thanks

Another question, is it not possible to disconnect the no3 or the unit itself in situ? (dreaming I know )

Another update (As I hate it when people come to a forum for help, get what they want and then leave).

I managed to get into a position where I could see behind the intake manifold and get eyes on the link bar (the small black plastic one on the valve NOT the connection rail that links the flaps). The bar has detatched from the swirl actuator, but is still attached to the swivel flap the other end.

What appears to have been happening is that on the overrun, the swivel actuator was trying to close, but as the link had detatched, it was snagging the actuator and sending back an error message. I pulled it through and as a VERY temporary measure (to prevent it going into limp) wired it in the open position so the link bar can't snag the actuator.

Well it worked, the car is no longer going into limp.

I fully understand this is not a long term option, and am not advocating it as a fix to the problem. What I am saying is that this is what happened to me, and that now my intention is to get it all done properly.

Can the tech guys here tell me, is it possible to change the link bar without dismantling everything?

I have seen the modification kit to the connector rail and will look at getting that changed.

was the rod moving atall..
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

Is still running Factory oe coils with a tune..

The rod had come adrift at the valve end, but was still connected to the flap end. That is moving freely and when I manually move it in and out the swirl flap in the inlet manifold is rotating as it should.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread