TTiD engine diagram
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TTiD engine diagram

TTiD engine diagram

Hello folks and Happy New Year,

My Dad has purchased a 93 exact same as mine and same year except it's a sport wagon. He's having a problem with it going into limp home mode frequently and no codes showing and I think I know what the problem is. Today is the first day I've seen the car and on starting I noticed an additional whine at idle which mine doesn't have and the note of the whine changes with the engine speed when you rev the engine. I had a quick poke about the engine bay at lunchtime today and i noticed I could feel air escaping in an upward direction from the front drivers side of the car, in front of the air filter box. I'm thinking he has a vacuum leak. When the car is idling it's not always there, its maybe only every minute or so that you feel it for about 20 seconds or so. I'm thinking this is due to pressure building to a point it can escape from wherever the leak is.

It's quite crammed in that area to investigate properly, so I was wondering if there was a diagram somewhere for the TTiD engine I could look at and try get an idea where it might be coming from. I'm no mechanic so I a diagram which explains what systems the different hoses belong to would be helpful.

Many thanks if anyone can help.
    SAAB 93 TTiD Aero MY08
    SAAB 900 Aero S LPT with FPT conversion MY92

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Fan
    Have you had the car read via tech 2 or opcom? That would be my first step before anything else if it's going into limp. Could be a wild goose chase otherwise unless something obvious like big split in intake hoses.

Re: TTiD engine diagram

Hi Raj,

No it's not been read yet by Tech2. I'm trying to save him the cost of that as he's had to pay out for a few things on the car already. It could be a wild goose chase, but given the amount of air I can feel being expelled I think it should be quite an easy one to find if you know where to look. Well so i'm hoping. Then it's just the cost of a new hose or whatever the issue is.

Thanks for your response.
    SAAB 93 TTiD Aero MY08
    SAAB 900 Aero S LPT with FPT conversion MY92

Saab Fan
    How regular is the burst of air and for 20 secs each time? If very regular I'd be surprised if a split pipe could do that but could be wrong. You can diy pressure test. Take off the map sensor from manifold and connect suitable small hose to a tyre pump/ compressor. Then disconnect pipe to air filter box and cover with your hand. As pressure builds you'll quickly hear if their is a split in the pipes. Hope you get sorted.

6. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread