Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab 93 1.9 TDI Sport 2005 - Temperature Gauge

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 ·
When the car is cold and just started, the temperature gauge reads between cold and the quarter point. When at normal operating temp, it reads between the half and three quarter points. The thermostat was recently replaced so that is ok. I mentioned this to the Saab garage and they said its a temperature gauge fault and the only way to resolve it is to replace the whole speedometer unit.........crazy money !

Does anyone know if there is any other way to sort the issue with the gauge without having to replace the whole unit ?

#3 ·
your not the 1st to have this happen disconnect the negative off the battery for 10 mins allowing the systems to reset..DON'T leave the fob in the ISM or lock doors when removing the battery..once battery reconnect,place each fob back in the ism for 10secs to resync to the car..you'll also need to reset pinch protection on the windows..If it happens again you'll need to source another cluster..

#5 · (Edited)
The pinch protection is if you have the luxury of 1 shot window closing ( ie pull the window switch and it closes on its own ) . The pinch protection is if someone has there neck hanging out the window whilest the. Glass is going up it shoukd stop and lower , so as not to strangle you , ( though who would have there neck out the window whilest driving is a mistery ) not unless there's a naked lady or man walking down the street !
Also when you reconnect the battery you will find the sterring lock won't engage , just take it for a small run and alls well .
I have excatley the same problem with mine ,now and again , it gradually gets so bad the needle sits at boiling point u till I reset it
Also when the car is off its sitting at quater way up the scale .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.