Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Dirty fuel

Tags
dirty
4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  the zohan 
#1 ·
Somewhere during proceedings I have picked up a dose of dirty fuel.... I'm currently having to change the fuel filter every 2k or less
Is the fuel tank a tricky job to remove?..... Anyone done it?

Was thinking of taking it off & swilling it out with petrol probably
Its a Tid.....

Anyone else had this?

#2 ·
this might be a really stupid question but isnt the fuel filter meant to be changed on every major service anyway so in theory every 2 years? so should be a simple job

#3 ·
Dose it run like a drunk 3 legged donkey ,before you change the filter . or is there a change in the engine , and thats why you change the filter ? .
1) I've never had the tank out .
2) Ive never had dirty diesel . only petrol when I had one .

#5 ·
Its got 69k on it now.....

Before changing the filter its awkward to start, & the performance is very poor
After a filter change all is well "It goes like a crazyman" :) Starts fine all good
Like I say after 2000 miles its back to driving a brick.

Looking at a used filter its jet black..... So its my presumption that there must be a loda loose "Stuff" in the tank that needs cleaning out

#10 ·
Being incedibly idle ...... I grabbed a fuel filter assembley from a scrappers ....... & set about changing the filter every month ........ Four months later on & lots of dirty filters later, all is well ...... Umm, probably not the best & most "Vorsprung" Solution to the problem .... However It does seem to of solved the issue......

#11 ·
Well bless my soul...... Theres a few diesel providers around my local , in the deep soup for selling diesel bought from .... Err some gentlemen with heavy Irish accents, that had a few thousand litres going spare after a job!! ...... looks like thats where I picked up my dose of the grits from :(

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.