Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Odd hesitation when first at full boost on acceleration

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ian Wigg 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone can suggest a possible cause/fix for what I'm experiencing when accelerating hard with my 2004 9-3 2.0L Aero Convertible.

As I hit the red on the boost gauge there is a knock (best way I can describe it is as if the traction control suddenly kicks in for a second) once or twice. The boost gauge stays rising into the red and there is no drop in acceleration and certainly no apparent loss of power.

Could it be a problem with the wastegate actuator or possibly momentary fuel cutoff.

#4 ·
I have a similar issue , also slight misfire at idle very occasionally

Tech 2 is showing a misfire on all cylinders

I tried a new coil on cylinder 1 but that's still showing a misfire along with all the others

That's not to say it's not a coil on your car, it could well be a different problem to whatever I have

#5 ·
Just to update on my original post

A month has passed, a couple of tankfuls of petrol have been used and the problem seems to have gone away.

Now I know it could just be one (or more) coils showing intermittent problems which will eventually come back more frequently until failure but I was wondering if (assuming that the Saab has an adaptive engine management system) a scenario in which the previous owner had run the car on Super Unleaded (RON 97) rather than the cooking supermarket stuff (RON 95) which I have been feeding it could have caused the problem and the ECU has now adapted to 'low fat' fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.