Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

£9.99 Engine Software Update

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HammerBlow 
#1 ·
Hello --
Saab Service Club currently offering the above to members at your local dealer. What difference would it make? Does anyone know if my 2004 2.3t 9-5 would benefit from this? Thanks.

#2 ·
How odd, no takers on this one, however since posting I have had the veh serviced & MoT'd. It sailed through, including all emissions tests. My Saab Guru was of the opinion "if it aint broke don't fix it" and added he was aware that modern software updates to 'older' engines often led to problems.

#3 ·
I have just updated my 2001 Aero today (invested in a clone Tech 2).
It would be worth checking as without hooking you car up and then accessing the online TIS database to see
versus your VIN.
The biggest difference for me was the additional calibration for anti knock and minimising stress on the DIC
(or so the accompanying notes with the ECU update said).Hopefully this will mean less cassette failures going forward.
I also have a 9-3 1.9 TID -dissapointingly there has not been an update for this since 2007.

#4 ·
I did look at getting it done but my local Saab dealer said they'd rather not as their Tech 2 was a bit unreliable so they could guarantee I'd be left with a working car.

You're a brave man cj. Not something I'd attempt myself. It's worrying enough putting a new rom on my phone let alone the car :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.