Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

96 9000 CSE Hazard Light fell in dash

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul Anderson 
#1 ·
So I recently bought a 96 9000 and I was replacing the bulbs in my front indicators and when I went to check if they worked I pushed the hazard button and it fell into the dash. I was doing some research on how to get it out and I was wondering if it would be easier to remove the top of the dash or is there another method to get it out without having to do that.

#2 ·
Get your fingers behind the clock module, and push it out of the dashboard. That should allow you to find your hazard button. If you have the broken bits, superglue will repair it. I use a large rubber grommet in front of the hazard switch to prevent just this problem.

#3 ·
Digging up an older post. Mine did the same just after I purchased the car. The bezel and outer plastic was pretty well destroyed so there was no chance of it being held in. The plastic trim ring was barely hanging on. I decided to just remove the dash top. It's quite easy. Remove the speaker grilles, then remove the bolts/screws holding the dash top on. If I remember correctly, it was 2 per speaker grille and 3 per side in the dash top. The last sneaky bold is behind the SRS plaque on the airbag cover. The little plastic piece pulls off to allow access to the bolt. It pulls right up and allows you access to behind the dash. I bought a used hazard switch to replace my broken unit. It fits properly now... But to be safe, I will try my best to never turn them on. LOL

#5 ·
Guys,

I'd go with Danilo on this unless you are needing to access anything else under the dash top. It's a fiddle but relatively easy. Biggest hassle is finding all the screws and not dropping the 5mm spacer on the drivers side. Do a search if you want full instructions. I seem to remember quite a lot of threads.

As far as the hazead switch is concerned. All I can say is - They all do that ! I routinely save spares from scrappers ( frequent readers will know I've had a few ) and also become adapt at gluing them back together. I use araldite rather than superglue though. Make sure you save all the little bits that come off. - The 9-5 does the same !

Paul @ Kippen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.