ACC fault code 00
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Make.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ACC fault code 00

ACC fault code 00

Hi all.
    So my electrical gremlins seem to be mounting up.

During a long trip my ACC has suddenly packed up.

It was functioning perfectly fine for the first part of the journey, then I stopped for a short pit stop. When I started the car again the ACC displayed 00 on startup, then the screen went dead and refused to function.

I turned off the ignition, same result. I can't even calibrate it, it just displays 00 every time then shuts down, buttons do nothing.

Have searched for similar symptoms, but everything I can find relating to code 00 just seems to clear itself up. Not for me so far...

I've detached the ACC module to check for anything obvious but all appears fine. The fuse is also ok.

Perplexed...! Any ideas anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: ACC fault code 00

try disconnect battery for a while and if its still there try pressing auto and off at same time

as you are prob aware 00 means no fault lol as you say gremlins

Thanks for the reply Kez.

I've disconnected the ACC unit several times. Fully removed it. Even takin it into the house in case theres some kind of in-built proximity reset! () Would this differ from disconnecting the battery? Also would disconnecting the battery cause anything else in the car to reset?

The 00 lasts for about 4-5 seconds (also the display seems brightly backlit at this point, more so than usual but this may just be me?)

One the 00 goes away the unit goes dark and no combination of buttons have any effect, including the reset combination. ACC unit is just dead.

Really stuck on this one...!
    Last edited by pandaboy; 04-21-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Ok, so have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, ACC behaviour the same, 00 code then nothing....

Hoping someone has some ideas?

Have run out of ideas what to look for / reset...

with you saying the display goes bright when first powered up it is highly possible that one of the components on the circuit board has failed capacitor or diode the most likely course
    another thing is a dry joint or tracking

can you take it apart and take a look at the pcb.............see if any comonent has swelled/bubbled or split or if any white dust type stuff around soldered pins

with you saying above this would cause the system to power up but shut down once lets say a faulty capacitor can not maintain charge or one part of the circuit cant get the info it requires due to component fault

sometimes you will get symptoms of a failng component where as it will have a hicup on powering up from time to time and rectify itself for a while other times it will power up/shutdown or just blow this priciple applies to any pcb

Once again, thanks Kez.
    Your diagnosis sounds more than likely.
    It was suffering missing pixels and I was going to send it off for repair anyway. This has just forced the issue.
    I think i've eliminated most of the obvious fault finding.
    Off it goes to the SID repair man...
    I'll report back and post what he finds.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...panel&_sacat=0

not sure which one you have

missing pixels would not have been the cause(and just put new lcd/led screen) whether or not they can fault find down to componant level i dont know and wether it will be cost effective agaisnt a 2nd hand one even though components are peanuts to buy............because its electronics they think they can charge the earth lol.....................u anywhere near s/wales

I have the top one from the link, car is 2001 9-3. I've used the repair guy before and had great service, so will give him another try with this one.
    Need to establish if it's the ACC module, or something in the car, hoping it's the former...
    I'm in s/london, not a million miles from s/wales, globally speaking!

10. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread