Navigation update for 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Make.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navigation update for 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero

Navigation update for 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero

Hi All:
    Sorry if this topic has been discussed before but i can't find it!

Just purchased a used 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero which has the Navigation/ Harmon Kardon 11 speaker audio system. The map in the navigation unit appears to be a late 2009 version. Prior to purchasing the car I think I read somewhere that a DVD update to the 2nd generation 9-5 could be accomplished by installing a Cadillac dvd map update. Does anyone know any information on this? I have emailed the GM Map update site which for Saab anyway does not provide map updates for 2010 or 2011 9-5's, only 2009 and before, bummer. .

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

PS Really love the car, it also has the technology package, 19 inch wheels and dvd/rear entertainment/climate control system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Navigation update for 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero

My 08 9-3 Aero has the Navigation system and is using 2008 maps, i would love to update it but never was able to find newer maps.

Good luck with your 9-5 and post up some pics, it sounds awesome

Saab Nut

Re: Navigation update for 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero

My Cadillac BLS is a 2009 model (built early 2008!) and has the newer infotainment system with Nav maps for UK/Eire and Western Europe, but the Nav discs are all circa 2007 (dates taken from the Nav DVD box). Hence they are pretty much useless seeing as they are now nearly six years out of date. I tried every avenue I could think of to source new Nav discs, including sellers on ebay in the USA, who claim to have the very latest Nav maps, but I fear they won't be compatible with European GM software, so I never bothered. I was actually quoted over 600 for new discs by the agent in Sweden! but they weren't even the lastest mapping and they just babbled on that I would have to order them through a Cadillac dealer.

Despite my Saab built Caddy being essentially a 9-3, the software is obviously Cadillac and won't 'talk' to its mostly Saab systems, hence why I can't even use Saab Tech 2 to diagnose any faults. I think I can therefore safely assure you, that Cadillac Nav discs won't work in the 9-3, despite the systems being identical.

Anyway, I've given up worrying about it now. I no longer use the onboard Nav function, I just use the infotainment system for hooking up my iphone for calls and music. I now use my TomTom live HD, which is far superior than the on board nav, up to date (latest map update only two days ago), I can put postcodes in and it gets me to the front door of where I'm going to and its Live Traffic info is in my opinion, extremely good. Even the renewal on the Live traffic subscription wasn't too bad at about 27 for the year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread