Removing Centre Air Vent (aim: to remove foam padding)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing Centre Air Vent (aim: to remove foam padding)

Removing Centre Air Vent (aim: to remove foam padding)

If someone could give me an idea of how to remove the centre air vent and/or remove the foam housing that would be great. I have already removed the glovebox to replace a faulty relay and have sucked up any foam I could. I'd like to remove the remaining foam that seems to be a padding behind/or inside the centre air vents.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti

Re: Removing Centre Air Vent (aim: to remove foam padding)

Simplest way is to remove the topof the dashboard. A-pillar covers pull off, screws either end under the speaker grills and onein the middle of the instrument cluster (can be a bit fiddly to get this one back in) and it lifts off There is a wire running across under the dash cover which it's clipped to. Then you can access the vent. there's a 6" long piece of ducting just behine the outlet which has foam in it which is pushed on at each end

Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    Simplest way is to remove the topof the dashboard. A-pillar covers pull off, screws either end under the speaker grills and onein the middle of the instrument cluster (can be a bit fiddly to get this one back in) and it lifts off There is a wire running across under the dash cover which it's clipped to. Then you can access the vent. there's a 6" long piece of ducting just behine the outlet which has foam in it which is pushed on at each end
    Let me see if I'm following you. I think can access the back of the vent through the glovebox. Are you saying that I can unclip the housing which is attached to the back of the vent and then remove the foam (i.e. I do not need to take the vent out?) I can feel a couple of the clips on the side/top of the actual vent, but when I depress them, I still can't seem to pop the vent out of the fascia. Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Saabisti

The piece with the foam is about 6" long. You'll need to disconnect both ends and remove it as there it not enough room or flexibility to pull it round to expose an open end to the glove box area, so you'll need to remove the dash top to get at it. It's not a difficult job, sections 5-7 on the attached image. then you get get it completely out and give it a good clean, or even put in some more foam as it does insulate some sound. If you get it unclipped from the govebox, it will be a real struggle to get it back in place afterwards with the same access

Image1.jpg

Thanks I'll give this a go

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread