Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

saab 93 2008 drivers window problem

47K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Terryscott 
#1 ·
i have a saab 93 2008 model. the drivers window will auto go down but wont auto go up. i have tried to reset the pinch protection and pulled the fuse and and disconnected the door module but it just wont reset, its driving me insane. anyone got any ideas?

#6 ·
i got the same issue for all 4 windows. however, this only started to happen when i changed my drivers door control module for all 4 windows which was from a normal saab 93 not a convertable mines a convertable... any help appreciated. sorry for hijacking the thread rather.

#10 ·
When you push the button you should be able to feel 2 switches.
The first is just the normal activation and a little further in is another for the auto.
If you have reset the window as per the SAAB manual i.e....

Calibration is performed as follows:

1 Close the doors.

2 The car must be running at idling speed.
The battery charger must not be
connected to the car’s battery during
calibration.

3 Open the window fully, the button must
be kept depressed the whole time.

4 Close the window fully, the button must
be kept raised the whole time and for
approx. 1 second after the window has
closed.

5 Open the window fully, the button must
be kept depressed the whole time and
for approx. 1 second after the window
has fully opened.

6 Close the window fully, and keep the
button raised until the calibration is
confirmed with a "chime".

Repeat steps 3-6 for the windows which
require calibration.

If can't feel the second switch then maybe you have a faulty unit?

Hope this helps.

#12 ·
Don't want to hijack this thread but I have found that when I try this method there is no 'Chime' at the end of the process (at least there isn't one for the 30 seconds or so that I can manage to keep holding the switch in the 'up' position before acute boredom sets in.

Having said that, all of the windows calibrate ok except for the drivers door which does the following :-

If I press automatic down and then pull the switch up to stop the window descending before it is fully open, the window stops ok, but if I then pull the switch up again to raise the window, it continues to lower until it is fully open at which point I can auto raise the window with no further problems. This only happens on the drivers door window - any suggestions?

#15 · (Edited)
Ok, been having a play - this is what I have found.

The drivers window pinch protect was not working so I pulled Fuse 5 and I could then calibrate the windows (complete with chime).

Passenger window worked fully as I would expect, drivers window still did this odd thing where if you open it part way and then try and raise it again, it wont raise when you operate the up switch but it continues to open and it is only possible to raise it once it is fully open.

Had another go this morning, pulled fuse, calibrated drivers window checked pinch protect on driver window - working.
Then calibrated passenger window - pinch protect working, raises and lowers properly. Went back to drivers window and now the pinch protect has stopped working.

I am confused

P.S. I looked on WIS, there is an entry there on what to do if the calibration/pinch control cannot be set but when I click on it it says that this fault finding information is not available.

If anyone has WIS could they check for me and see if it is the same for them?

BTW car is a 2009 MY 9-3

Thanks

#18 ·
I have checked my WIS (up to 2007) and it says the same. No information.
The calibration of the pinch protection says......

1. Shut doors.
2. Start car.
3. Open window about 15cm.
4. Close window completely, hold button for at least 1 sec after closing.
5. Press the button and the window will auto wind down.
6. Wait at least 1 sec.
7. Drive window fully up holding button until sound confirms.

I have not found a foolproof way to calibrate everything first time.
It generally takes a few attempts to get things working and as yet I cannot figure out why.

#20 ·
I had this on my '04 Vector Conv. Both the front windows would not shut on auto, they would bounce back down to the halfway point. I would have to edge my way up with the window switch for them to close all the way. Pinch protect I think. However, my battery went flat a month ago. I was without any battery for about 1 hour while I tried to get the new one to fit the housing properly. When this was done, I connected the new battery and the windows shut on auto, and when putting the roof back up. So in short, try disconnecting the battery for a while, it might just reset the whole thing. Happy days. Shame it's so bloody wet the roof is permanently up! Cheers. Chris.

#21 ·
Ok,

Sorry to bang on about this but here is an update.

Now seem to have managed to calibrate both front windows as regards pinch protect but still have this situation with the drivers window.

This is what happens.

I press the auto window down button and the window descends, it will continue to descend until it is fully open. If I then press the auto window up it will close again as you would expect until fully shut, however if I press auto descend as before but stop the window opening fully by lifting the 'up' switch briefly and then press the auto up the window will continue opening and I can only raise it again once it has reached the fully open position.

The passenger window works normally when I follow the same procedure -: stop window half way down its open cycle then press auto up and the window closes fully.

Any one shed any light please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.