Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

05 9-3 AERO CONVERTIBLE- saab n00b

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  the zohan 
#1 ·
hi everybody, i just got an 05 saab 9-3 convertible, i have driven bmws for the past 10 years and decided to go a different route, so far im very happy with the car, only thing i dont like is it has 145k, anything i should keep an eye on ? how reliable are these cars ? and how hard to get are replacement parts? any input will be greatly appreciated. btw the car is in immaculate condition, and it was thoroughly serviced despite the high mileage.

#2 ·
Hi just bought a convertible too! Welcome to the forum. You should have few probs with the petrol engine. Replacement parts aren't a problem. Front springs can break leading to knocking noises and there might be a few issues with rattling trim and ignition modules but in general the engines are solid. Looks good too:) Find yourself a good indie and pray for some nice weather!

Cheers
Al

#3 ·
Hello and welcome:)

firstly what engine does it have? and maunal or auto???

Common generic failures are the front coil springs which snap - easy to source gen and uprated springs and not a bad price either. also these cars are hard on thier bushes and drop links, again easy to get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.